Unlocking an Assignment in a Locked Module

Jump to solution
JHafer
Community Member

I have an Assignment (final course assignment) placed in the last Module of my course which is locked until near the end of the course. BUT I want students to be able to see/read the Assignment (or even submit, I don't care) before the date of when the Module is unlocked. I have the Assignment placed in the Module because that's where it belongs in terms of due date. I thought they would be able to access the Assignment by going through the "Assignment" link rather than the Module, but it seems the Assignment is still locked. They can access when I remove the Module lock date, but I don't want to do that for the whole Module. Is there a way around this? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@JHafer -

Just my observation, but it seems like you are in a contradiction - you want student to see the assignment, but the assignment should be in a module that you do not want students to see.  I am confused as to why you would have that particular setup.   I am not sure why (because of due date) the assignment has to be in a module as opposed to just in the assignments.

I am not sure, but you could try also adding the assignment in an earlier module - the time when students could actually see it and keep it in the other module as well.  But I guess that defeats the statement of the assignment needs to be in the last module.  

The only other option I could think of would be to put it in its own module - which again defeats the statement that it needs to be in the last module.

View solution in original post

SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

Let's not overthink this!

Just create a Page in this week's module. The Page will say, "Next week, you will do an Assignment. Here's what you need to know now!" Give them all of the pertinent information in the Page. Publish the Page in this week's published module. Problem solved.

View solution in original post