Why can't I submit a file for a student in gradebook?

Jump to solution
AIMEEPARKERSON
Community Explorer

I have some students who are unable to submit an upload of a picture or assignment to their Canvas assignment.  In Gradebook when I click on a student, it gives me the option to 'Submit for Student', but when I upload the file, I get an error sending submission.  Is this a network problem or a problem with Canvas and how can I fix it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffCampbell
Community Coach
Community Coach

I would first talk with your district's techs. Having some students unable to submit a picture to an assignment is unusual. That you are also getting an error makes me wonder if something is going on with your district's network settings. A district tech would probably want to coordinate with you to be observing network traffic while a student experiencing the issue is attempting to upload, and maybe also when you try to submit for the student to compare.

If it is determined that your district's network is not the issue, you can click on "Help" on the far left when signed into Canvas and then choose the option to "Report a Problem" to put in a ticket for Canvas to look into the issue. Check your network first. That will likely produce an answer faster. Unless other people are also reporting the same issue or they can reproduce the error, it would be more likely seen as an issue on your end.

View solution in original post