elopez5
Community Participant

Zooming in on iPad

On the iPad, the student are not able to Zoom in on Canvas pages with pinch gesture, will this be available soon?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ben69

@elopez5wrote: Novitasphere Portal

On the iPad, the student are not able to Zoom in on Canvas pages with pinch gesture, will this be available soon?

Try accessing Zoom through Canvas using a different browser. If you have recently added a privacy or ad-blocking extension or addon, try disabling it. Check if your browser recently updated its privacy settings.

0 Kudos
elopez5
Community Participant

I didn't mean Zoom, sorry it auto corrected, I mean zooming in like pinching to be able to see closer.

ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @elopez5 

Thanks for posting this in the global Canvas Community! 

Currently, the iOS app for students does not allow them to use the pinch gestures for zooming in and out on certain content in Canvas. I am not sure why this is the case, honestly. Seems like a limitation or something? I assume this might be due to the way the app displays specific content in a given Canvas course.

I believe that they should be able to Zoom in and out on items like files that you have added to the course. The reason for that is due to the fact that the Canvas doc viewer is actually rendering it within the app. 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton