Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I am an instructional designer creating a fully online French 1 course at a state college. This course will not have any face to face meetings. I am looking for interactive and creative ways for students to learn speaking, listening, reading and writ...

• 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I have a question for the Canvas community. Does anyway know how to enable the Doc viewer in a course or enable annotation. I found the link in Canvas https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12948-4152719763 The issue that has risen is an instructor...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hoping someone can help me! I created an image that I want to use as course home page and the idea was to use add hot spots for the buttons. However, each time I put in the hot spot code, Canvas strips it outI know I could create the same look with a...

• 8 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Just a few days ago, the canvas site crashed and won't load properly. I have three browsers on my work PC and none of them work. The site just displays huge icons. I called our IT help desk but he said all the settings are correct. The site works at ...

• 4 Likes
  • 12 Replies

What is the upper limit to the number of students that can enroll in a course?

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have jpg images which display just fine, then for no apparent reason they disappear, only showing the file name.  Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

• 98 Likes
  • 150 Replies

I received narrated lectures from a colleague in a .jar format. These files were downloaded from Blackboard, but we have recently moved our entire system to Canvas. I am unfamiliar with this file type, but was able to download this player from Google...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have several assignments that students have completed (I watched them complete it) and its not graded or even showing them as completed. Is there something I need to do to make this happen?

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I created an assignment using a SCORM Package I downloaded from Articulate Rise and thereafter uploaded it as a graded assignment on Canvas. Upon editing the settings of the assignment, I noticed that the submission type is automatically set as an ex...

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Rubrics can be added from one blueprint to another under assignments, but is there a way to export clickable rubrics from a blueprint to a PC and import them in another blueprint or section?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I'm creating a home page for one of our courses, with 'quick navigation' buttons so our students have easy access to different parts of the course. When I add an anchor tag to the entire div for the button, it works fine (see code example below...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm trying to use Blueprint, but I'm having several challenges. What I *wanted* to do is simply make a change to a link on the Front Page. I made the change in the Blueprint template and attempted to sync. Nothing changed. (23 exceptions.) Well, almo...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I transferred my class from last year and am setting up my next years summer assignment.  Everything appears to be working smoothly on the transfer except that the students don't have a submit assignment button on the assignments.  When I go look at ...

• 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I'm having a problem with the "automatically apply a grade for missing submissions" option. I have assignments' grades come into Canvas from a third party tool (Cengage/WebAssign). However, any missing assignments are not being flagged as missing, no...

• 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Embed Audio into a Canvas Page  The <audio> tag allows you to upload audio files into the “FILES” folder in Canvas, and then make that audio playable in a Canvas page.  Note: The best file type for the web is .mp3. other file types will be troublesom...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I am creating a rubric for a faculty member, but as you can see on the attached image the lines for each point value don't line up.  Is there anyway to move the lines so they all match up (i.e. 15pt value criteria box matches throughout the entire ru...

• 2 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Is there a way to delete a student's attempt on a quiz? I know you can allow multiple attempts, but I would like to clear the attempt completely from grades. Is that possible?

• 13 Likes
  • 28 Replies

Is it possible to create an auto reply for inbox messages on Canvas (for example an out of office message)?

• 7 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I use the student setting to see groups? My assignments have staggered deadlines and I have divided my students into groups for those deadlines. However, when I switch to student view, I can't see any of the group deadlines I've assigned my st...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Can anyone provide any details as to use of #Taskstream, limitations, pros vs. cons, instructions, Etc..I am looking for as much information about the product as possible.  thank you

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,The total score column of the gradebook is not matching with the final score. It is, however, matching with the "current" scores column. I can obtain the final scores by exporting the grades to Excel sheet. However, my student's still see the non-...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We're thinking of tweaking our weekly overview pages and I wanted to see how other schools do theirs or if they do them at all!  We have previously done this to give students an "overview" of what's coming up for the week: includes a few paragraphs o...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 12 Likes
  • 23 Replies

If so, how do you / your faculty/ librarians like it?Does it embed easily in Canvas?Are all the films closed-captioned?Thanks!

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello everyone!   As summer is quickly approaching (what the heck happened to Spring?!?!), I'm thinking of ways to offer summer PD for our faculty and employees via Canvas.  We are Private K12 (9-12 specifically), but our faculty are spread out all o...

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello! We are working on a project to make it easier for multiple faculty graders to find the students THEY need to grade. We are doing this by building a list of the students they need to grade, with (hopefully) clickable links directly to the assig...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When a student submits a file to an assignment more than once, Canvas will re-name the re-submitted file:The first submission of HelloWorld.java is named HelloWorld.javaThe second submission of HelloWorld.java is named HelloWorld-1.javaThe third subm...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is it possible to share a question bank? I would like to collaborate with another teacher to create a common question bank for our courses, but cannot see how to do this.

• 9 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hello,I am trying to help out a colleague. She has been using SCORM to upload her zip files. Everything was working fine until last few days. When she uploads a zip file in SCORM, she gets a message as an invalid file. I also tried to upload my Capti...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Canvas please help us display all content in a PDF file. We have noticed a subtle but significant change in the in-line preview and the file preview tool NOT displaying all the content of PDF files. We can enhance the PDF file so it displays all the ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 14 Replies

Can I mandate a minimum word count as a response to a discussion board? I have my students write answers to questions and they have to post before seeing other replies, but many students try to just put in a "." and then get access to other student's...

• 5 Likes
  • 5 Replies