Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Where to find basic info on integrating canvas with webwork

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I would like to include screenshots of materials in Canvas in a publication for teachers about teaching children to practice musical instruments.Can I please be directed to a permissions process for doing so?Thank you,Pete Miksza

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I create a calculated column (e.g. a weighted grade) other than the built in 'total'

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How a teacher can limit grader or TA access to different sections of the Course.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

group chat among students were we can share ideas and help each other. i just did a course without help yes there was bits of information available but it would of been great to share my ideas with others who were studying the same course as me. its ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I apologize if this is already asked and answered.I searched these terms and didn't find anything relevant.I want to survey students and then show students what they think (anonymously, of course).Is this a feature? Or do I need to make a pdf of the ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have accidentally turned in the incorrect assignment at the designated area. However, the professor does not allow resubmission and stated that I can still attached the file to Canvas. Therefore, I would like to know how do I go about attaching the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an admin for my district, I need to add a teacher and para to a canvas course as observers for a teacher. However, when I go through my admin connection to add the teacher and para, I only have the option to add them as teacher roles. I want to ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set up the quiz so that my students try it twice. There is a due date. However, some students have tried only once before the due date. After the due date, they can still give it another try. Can I prevent the student from the second try after the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make my Files visible to students in ENGL 512.01

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello there-Is there a way to disable the auto-generated email when a user is added to a course? We send out our own message with instructions/how to sign in and the email from Canvas just seems to confuse people. Especially if they see that one befo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HEELO HOW  I WILL DOWNLOAD A COURSE FULL COURSETHANK YOU

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have an Assignment (final course assignment) placed in the last Module of my course which is locked until near the end of the course. BUT I want students to be able to see/read the Assignment (or even submit, I don't care) before the date of when t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I do know understand how to get to the tutorials /videos my instructor has advised to veiw  and power points?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Anyone currently having this issue.  This has been getting progressively worse over the past week.  Started with once or twice and a refresh would help-but now it is consistent and not letting me view any of my students' submissions.  Any insight tha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

ello, I posted this to Canvas Commons but wanted to see if you could help.  I am printing the grades of students with D's and E's so far.  In two one of my sections, when I go to a student to print, the final grade doesn't show.   Here is a screen sh...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, does anyone know how to filter out students who are exempt from an assignment, when sending out messages?My goal is to reach all students who have not delivered yet, without sending a message to those who are exempt from delivering.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I have rubrics from several classes and none are visible to students. The rubric section is not x out and is part of the normal course content, but it is not visible to students or to me when I am in the student view. Not sure how to resolve th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how i can record  a video?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi everyone,We noticed that with the improved outcomes management, we cannot set up different mastery scale for different outcomes! This is a big issue for us as not all the outcomes share the same e.g. 5 point scale. This applies to the naming of th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With Classic Quizzes I could tell how long a student spent on a quiz even if it was un-timed.  This was useful  when I needed to tell a parent that the student was racing through the quiz and not working carefully. Is there a way with New Quizzes to ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

An instructor familiar with using multiple browsers showed me his personal computer's (Windows) Firefox browser has this message which prevents him from being able to use the annotation tools on submitted papers.     It only shows in Firefox on his ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

how can i download microsoft office

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone had difficulty getting the 3 dots on the module page to work? I'm trying to edit and delete some of the pages. I can usually do this by clicking the 3 dots, but they don't always work. Any ideas? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-06-2022 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 14 Replies

Greetings,I'm wondering if there is a feature that would enable, at the assignment level, the ability to make an assignment only viewable and required for students who are enrolled in Canvas prior to a certain date?

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to do a quiz and the message keeps popping up "503 - Service Temporarily unavailable" 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I open my canvas but it show that I don't have any class. but I have 4 classes this semester already . on my phone canvas is defrrent .  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. Last week I had an assignment where I had to reply to a discussion thread. This assignment was due Saturday. My assignment this week is to reply to my peer’s replies from last week’s discussion, however I am having difficulty doing this. There...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

On a quiz, the TEST STUDENT is listed as having missed every question and the class average is affected. How do I turn off grading of TEST STUDENT?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies