Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello,I am trying to delete an assessment in my tracker. Normally the delete option is available, but it seems like it's only available for raw scores. I've tried reinstalling my trackers, looking for settings that allow me to delete, and have reache...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where is the re-sit / resubmission portal within Canvas?  I'm a remote online student.Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I put three tiles per line vs two?  Some students have 3 and others have two cards on each row.  I would love for everyone to have 3 courses including myself per row.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-18-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why doesn't Canvas Attendance have an "excused" option in taking attendance. We often have to track excused and unexcused absences, yet there's no real way to do that.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello - for Discussion posts, I know to hit the reply button.  However, I have a couple of clarifications: 1. Is there a character or word count limit to the reply? And 2.  What and when do you use the subscribe button feature? Thanks 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I signed up over 30 of my students on Canvas, which did not ask for their email when they registered and now they cannot log into their account because there is no email.PLEASE RESOLVE.   

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

he students who registered the class with the invitation code or something can leave the class but those who were added by SIS or the teacher cannot leave. is it not possible for a student to leave a course after they accepted it?Also, if a student w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to remove a single bullet from an existing list with bullets? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to get out of Group 1 and enroll in Group 2. How to do this? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,So just recently, I've had this problem with Canvas where i can't click any links except the Dashboard, and where the Dashboard is stuck on the loading screen and won't load in. I was wondering whether it was a bug, or whether there's something...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When do the courses on Canvas get published?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi.The new Help icon (box with a question mark) is in the middle of the screens (laptops, ipads, and phones). Is there anyway you put this somewhere else, say the left side of the screen because even having it on the right side previously would get i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our courses are self-paced, but we are considering having students submit to an assignment, which will unlock feedback. Will the celebration animations play if there is no due date?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I add a new student on my roster to the list of students that shows up under assignments?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to share an assignment I have created in Canvas with a colleague at another school without sharing the assignment to the Commons?  If so, how?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have just downloaded Canvas Teacher, and I am puzzled -- there is no section for grades.  In my web version "Grades" is in between "Discussions" and "People."  I don't see it at all in the iPad app.I am using IOS 15.7 on iPad 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I have been using Canvas for a while, but this issue appears lately. I am using Windows 10. When I open the canvas page using Chrome, click into ANY course and goto the "quiz" / "file" / "videos" section, the computer's CPU usage naturally goes to...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-01-2022 View Solution
  • 13 Likes
  • 46 Replies

I have uploaded questions from Cengage text via qti, and I get the message that the upload has been completed, however the questions do not appear in Quizzes in my course.  Any advice?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a technology integrator looking to help a teacher have a class participation assignment that does not show to the students but can still be graded. Can't seem to figure out a way to have an unpublished assignment but still give a grade.Does anyo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Just wondering how to assign weight to each assignment. I've already created assignments but did not see an option for entering their weight for the overall course grade. For example: Outlining assignment (10%)First draft (15%)FInal draft (20%)My sec...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our grading policy is that students can make corrections to assignments that they score a 60 or below on.  Currently, I have it set so that students only receive one attempt on the assignment.   If they score 60 or below, I have manually gone back in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a gradebook filter to hide the unpublished assignments? I want to see what's been assigned and graded but not what has been made and not published yet. My gradebook looks like a mess and the filter options do not seem to clean it up. I'm afr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I tried to submit a file bur it appears to be a small square upper left.  I tried to resubmit as a reply, by cutting and pasting and I never saw my post.  How do I repost?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

User role:  AdministratorWe are noticing that in certain instances unscored assignments in Canvas are being passed back to PowerSchool as zeros.  Has anyone noticed the same thing with grade passback and do you have a solutions for this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 11 Replies

Hi all,We're importing the same QTI file as a quiz to each of our courses. Instead of us having to do it one by one, is there any way to import the same QTI file to many courses at once? I didn't find any information like this elsewhere in the forums...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want students to be able to review a quiz right after they submit (while in a proctored computer lab).  I do not want them to be able to access the quiz/test after they review it this one time.  I was able to do this in "Classic Quiz" mode, but how...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to calculate a weighted average grade for first and revised drafts, say for example in a composition course? Here's the scenario: a student turns in a paper, then decides to submit a revision after receiving feedback. The instructor gr...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Every time I log into canvas on my computer, it tells me that my password is wrong. I have tried changing my password again but Im not getting a reset email. I need help...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,In this post it is mentioned:"Certain variable substitutions in custom claim for the LTI 1.3 launch were identified as containing numerical values rather than string values as required by the specification. These numerical variable substitutions w...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies