Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How can we add internal course codes that are not visible to students/ course dashboard?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-29-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Please how do I reset my password because using the forgot password isnt working? Ive tried severally but haven’t gotten 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I just enter a cell phone text not an email?Alex  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm wondering if this is possible in quizzes in Canvas. I will be providing 17 total quizzes in my course, but I want only the top 12 scoring quizzes to count, and some students may not take more than the 12 that I require (they can take more, but th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, When I log into my canvas my dashboard doesn't load. It glitches and won't let me look at my classes. I can't open any tabs such as calendar, etc. Is there a way to fix this issue? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

According to the canvas user guides, students are able to access their learning mastery by toggling between their grades as assignments vs their grades as learning mastery as instructors can see in canvas. However, when I log in as a student, I am no...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

While I am reading inbox messages and marking them off as read, when I return to the dashboard, those messages revert to unread. This is frustrating and needs to be fixed. It would be effective if the messages were marked as read after reading and mo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can roll call list students by first names ?And how would I do this? It is not an option in the attendance settings.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm not sure if this is possible within Canvas, but within New Quizzes, is it possible for each student to receive an unique set of questions?  For each question, I'd like for the Quizzes to pull from a small bank of questions.  For example:Possible ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-26-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a teacher in the course.How do I get out of student view?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Every semester, I run into the problem of students that are enrolling late in the course, and then they are left out of the discussion groups that have already been set up. I have to check People and manually add them to groups and hope that I caught...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I published a quiz that several students say they cannot find. In the photo, the quiz is titled "Juniors: LockDown Browser...".  When I switch to Student View, the quiz disappears. The due date is August 29th, so it's a current, published quiz. Any i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I published a quiz that several students say they cannot find. In the photo, the quiz is titled "Juniors: LockDown Browser...".  When I switch to Student View, the quiz disappears. The due date is August 29th, so it's a current, published quiz. Any i...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It used to be set up so that I would see all of the courses I am teaching when I clicked on dashboard, but now it's showing announcements instead. How do I change it so that I see my courses in the grid like form again?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to copy a course site in Beta to a Production course site? The Original Prod site was deleted and then restored but it's missing content. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I would like to know if there is a way that I can view my children's assignment calendar separately as an observer.  It is somewhat confusing to look at the calendar with ALL their classes list.Thank you,

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Teachers and students at my school have been saying that messages are not being marked as "read" after reading them. If they mark messages as read manually, it marks itself as unread after they have responded to the message. Is anyone else seeing thi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Somewhere within my course I saw a template for writting in APA format, but I can't find it now. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. Does anyone know which tab it was? I'm going through tabs, but I can no longer find it.Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am a It/Team Leader from my work and my co-workers have a key which gives them a higher control on Canvas, and searching for a way I can have that key too.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to login to my canvas account. It asks me to find my school and when I choose my school the login page won't load. Is there something I could do?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Mastery Tracker in Canvas does not have my classes available in the drop down box.  How can I link Mastery connect with Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, all! I am teaching high school students, all in one Canvas course, some of whom have extended time on assignments. I am strict about late work, so I set my assignments to close at a certain time using the "Available Until" function. However, f...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why is my canvas glitching and would not let me view my assignments on my laptop

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Instructure Team,  I am a faculty program director for the BS and MS nursing programs at Excelsior University. We have been engaging in discussion with our counterparts in the associates degree nursing program regarding the need for integration...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Are you able to set up the 'Message Students Who' feature in advance? I'd like to get all messages set up prior to the start of the semester and have them stay in the gradebook for future semesters as a way to reach out to students who did not submit...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello everyone,We recently began utilizing MasteryPaths in Canvas and have been running into a few issues during the course import. To provide some background, our institution uses a "master template" process where we build our course content on a si...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So far as I know, I'm the only teacher in my department with this problem, and I have personally helped another teacher set up their Canvas/PowerSchool SYNC so I know what to do, it's just not working for me.The issue: My PowerSchool assignment categ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello. I am a student at Texas A&M University. For some reason, when I pull up my Canvas dashboard, the cards will appear but will only remain grey. They won't show my courses or let me access course information. The app will work on my phone but I n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since the last update in the subject home appears a big banner, I was wondering if there is a way to remove it.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I know how to look at an observer's information and see which student(s) they are following, but how do I look at a particular student and see who is observing the student?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies