Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

HelloI cannot find the calendar related to the online courses. So, I do not know when the classes will be take place. Will you guide me?Best Regards,Sepideh

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to update the students enrollments information from Compass to Canvas, please? Also for information of class teachers. Thanks,Wen Li 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,  I have enrolled in class 425, however it is not showing on my dashboard.  I need to do my assignments that are due tomorrow.  Please help!sincerely,Ashwini Narayanamurti

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was able to delete several files in my course and then the final 2 will not delete despite going through the correct motions. Can anyone help with this please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I prefer to grade papers as first-come, first-grade, but once the due date rolls around everyone is clumped in together and I am presented with the papers alphabetically. Is there any way to change this in settings, so that I am grading the earlier s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-30-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change an answer in a multiple choice published quiz

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am an ESL writing instructor and it is absolutely necessary that I have:1. Turnitin plagiarism detection of all writing2. The opportunity for students to submit multiple drafts for an assignment. Some students submit more drafts than others. ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am a student and don't know how to upload a photo on my Macbook pro.help please, thanks Victor

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Hello - we have a student auditing a class, and would like this student to be able to access the Canvas LMS but not be added to the gradebook. Is there any way to keep an individual student (with the Canvas "student" role) out of the Gradebook?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the Daskboard page, I would like to ask if there is possible to show sub-Daskboard(s) inside any these Daskboard item? (My user role is IT Admin) 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add teaching assistants to Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i upload an image on a Mac?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I'm registered for International Social Welfare Services at Columbia School of Social Work. It's showing up in my registration, but not in canvas. Thank you in advance for your help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students shared an issue with me, and I don't know who to tell. Our campus person told me to come here. I looked in the forums, and didn't see anything on this issue. And, I don't have time to look any more. I am using the annotation feature for s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Move the cancel button further away from the submit button.I have accidentally hit "Cancel" multiple times, and Canvas will simply delete everything without confirming that that's what you want to do. So those words that I just typed up are gone beca...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi - The table of contents for instructor manuals is set up as a series of questions rather than a series of topics. I understand the topics are in the questions, but a table of contents rather than an FAQ would be more helpful and much more easily s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-15-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I'm enjoying New Quizzes' capacity to have different scores for different answers in a Multiple Choice question. However, the feedback at the end of the quiz references right and wrong answers, and since the quiz i made is more of a survey (alb...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The speed-grader keyboard shortcuts do not work after I type in a grade.  I have to reach my hand to my mouse in order to deselect typing in order to next use the keyboard shortcut.Hopefully this is the right venue to report this bug.  It would be a ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student who is having difficult registering for my class. I created the open enrollment link for the class. When he clicks the link, he selects the option to log in with an existing account (he has been enrolled in other courses before). How...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am the instructor for a 60-student course with two discussion sections. My grad student Associate Instructor (AI) keeps adding me to her discussion section Canvas site and it keeps disappearing from my dashboard. I have access for a few days and th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I click on my blueprint,  there is no synch button...only a synch history button. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My canvas dashboard isn't loading. Just shows my class boxes that are grey and just flashing. Inbox and calendar is completely blank also. I can tell that some icons are missing towards the left column because there are some spaces. Please help, clas...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Im having trouble logging into my canvas account. Even though I know my password its not working and when I try to rest item I'm not getting any emails with a link. I have waited for over 2 hours and nothing so if someone can help me please! Thank yo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an external tool bookwidgets. The company says that the grades automatically show in the gradebook of Canvas as they did in Google Classroom. They are not showing in mine. How does this get fixed?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We roster Canvas from Infinite Campus.  A student's account has the correct email listed but in their settings under Email Addresses there's a red exclamation point that the address was not able to be used for email.  The email address is in fact cor...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Just started getting this today. Aug 29, 2022 Amazon SES did not send the message to this address because it is on the suppression list for your account. For more information about removing addresses from the suppression list, see the Amazon SES Deve...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

On desktop, the Zoom tab does not load for me at all. I have tried different browsers but the result is the same. Any suggestions here?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I'm new to Canvas and can see that I can email students using the Inbox. Can they also email me via Canvas? I'd like them to submit weekly discussion questions and this may be a good way to do so. Thanks.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Thanks to James for helping me figure out how to ask a question again!We are trying blueprints.  I have a master shell that has the sync button in it.  But the class we purchased did not have numbers on the assignments and many assignments had the sa...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When working with 'File Upload' assignment types, I have a lot of students who submit photos of their work. They are able to submit multiple pictures in a single submission, but when I go into the SpeedGrader, I'm shown their work as a list of separa...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies