Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Why isn't RCE available in certain fields while creating New Quizzes? I want to be able to use special characters/symbols/math notation/superscripts/subscripts in drop down answer choices, but it is not showing up as an option. Thanks for any and all...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an Admin, is there a way to view the roles a staff member has assigned to them and what courses those roles appear in? Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello. An instructor would like to make a table on a page transparent and add an image behind (underneath) the table. Any suggestions for how they might do this? Thank you!  

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Como comparto mi curso con mis estudiantes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone. I'd like to know if our students can see when we add points using this tool called "Fudge Points".Thank you 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-23-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does entering a student as attending in Roll Call attendance, remove the "Pending" from the person's name in people?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are beginning our Blackboard to Canvas transition soon and one question that has come up is how long we should keep Blackboard after the transition is complete. I can see needing access to a Blackboard environment for the purpose of pulling course...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used to receive push notifications when someone posted on a Discussion that I follow. This was very useful to me: students post their questions under a week-specific or assignment-specific Discussion, and push notifications allowed me to answer pro...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can somebody urgently help me? I can't seem to publish my any of my folders. The contents in the folders are published, but the actual folders aren't. I just scroll over them and it states "disabled not visible to students.". How do I enable? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. Im trying to help a teacher that has uploaded documents under assignments tab before and is unable to now. she tried opening a new course and the document uploads fine.  She is unable to upload any documents, jpegs . when trying to upload it d...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-28-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We had a cohort take a course in the fall and write a final exam.  The exam has a front piece that has multiple choice and true and false.  And a second piece that has long answers that need to be marked by the instructor.  One of the students needed...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Question from a newbie.   I imported a Regular Term class into some Second Start classes, and then adjusted all the dates and some minor things-- and all of that is fine.  I had previously added the virtual class times into the RT calendar, and a few...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm an orchestra director, and I'm trying to create an assignment that contains a downloadable "click-track" audio file for students to download onto either their own computers or devices. They will listen to this while recording their part into a Ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When a student resubmits an assignment in speed grader whenever I go to enter the grade in it enters the grade in backwards!  I've heard this happens to other folks as well. I then have to click the grade box, and manually overwrite the backwards gra...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When i use a mp3 file on a page, the size object that is shown is too big.  only want the bottom part with the play button. is there a way to achieve this?    

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We would like to link a barometer where students can indicate how motivated they feel (give score from 1 to 10 for example). Is there such a plug-in with LTI linkage?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I enrolled in 4 units but can't register in few classes. I tried 'Clash Free Class' but the problem wasn't solved. What should I do now?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good day I have 2 classes clashing tomorrow morning, 23/02/2021, how do I have this rectified?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

am writing quizzes with various kinds of questions (multiple choice, numerical answer, file upload, etc.) and would like to grade the file upload questions using a rubric.    Is there a method for associating a rubric to an individual question in a q...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I serve in my church's school as an instructor. I'm trying to make a Spiritual Gifts Test for my church which would display results based on what people answer. There would be some charts, personalized texts based on answers, just like a personal...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to reopen an assignment for an entire class that doesn't involve going through the moderate process for every single student? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidently changed a homepage.  their anyway to restore it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It looks like using the $$  x^2 $$ and \( x^2 \) will render nicely in some fields, but not in others.For example, one of the most useful places to have this is when commenting ON a document. But the Point Annotations don't seem to render this as mat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, but in trying out the new "Pretty HTML" feature, I have been unable to paste text using keyboard shortcuts.  So, my questions are as follows:  Is there a keyboard shortcut for pasting text into the pretty H...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-25-2021 View Solution
  • 6 Likes
  • 35 Replies

Hi team! The instructor wants to let some students who had the 2nd attempt see their last responses instead of the first attempt and also for most of the students who had only one attempt to see their responses to the Quiz. I would like to know if we...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi all I have just using the Web conference and I have a minor problem, when I create the Web conference I get a email  saying the web conference has started but the learner/student does not get an email inviting to join the conference. I have checke...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am trying to embed JavaScript to a page using the HTML editor. But it fails every time. The editor seems to refuse to save it? Any advise would be appreciated. Such as this one: <script type="text/javascript" src="https://d1bxh8uas1mnw7.cloudfr...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I copy all content in the weekly page to another week page? I want to copy from one week to another in the same course.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For discussions, I drop the lowest grade. I have several students who have plagiarized on discussion posts and as a result have forfeited having their '0' on the plagiarized post dropped. Is there a way to override the rule for particular students? I...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I am a student currently using Canvas. We recently had an assignment and before I turned it in, it gives people an option to write a comment. I wrote a personal comment as I felt back story/ context to my writing could give it more impact BUT it ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies