Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Last semester, I created German-language captions for a video clip in My Media and successfully embedded it into a course. This semester, I am trying to embed the same clip into a different course, but the captions are not showing up in the new cours...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to import content from an archived course into a course. I do not want to import specific quizzes or assessments. I chose to select content and unchecked the quizzes/assessments that I did not want to import. They imported anyway! Any ide...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How can I print/export to a PDF quiz questions with answer explanations? We have set up a number of quizzes, but I cannot figure out how to easily see the answer explanations along with the questions. Thank you!

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

After the last update, some established instructors are not receiving about course updates.  Some new students are not receiving Canvas invitations.  Anyone else having intermittent communication issues? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm confused about a recent interface change. The option to delay an announcement is gone. It seems to have been replaced with "Available from" and "until" forms. These don't seem to work the same: I drafted and saved an announcement on 30 July, and ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My setup for each module is: 1) Note check (photo upload) 2) Discussion post 3) Quiz I have enabled the setting that students must work in sequential order. However, if I excuse a student from the note check in the gradebook, it does not unlock the d...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello Everyone, I'm developing an application that accesses course data from the Canvas API using the endpoint GET /api/v1/accounts/:account_id/courses. After each sync, I need to pull all the courses for an institution into my application, which is ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Canvas has an option to make a file "only available to students with link" but does not explain how to provide a link to a student.Does anyone know how to provide a student with a link to a restricted file in the Files section on Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I received a paper with a passkey copy to my class to receive the webtext. I am not sure how to obtain this. Can someone please help? Thank you.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am trying to find my LLED 401 course from Spring 2023. I have been on fellowship for the past year and I am just getting back to teaching the course this semester. I didn't know that the course would disappear while I was away. Can you retrieve the...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to view a video embedded in canvas and it keeps saying "myclasses.tegrity.com refused to connect." i dont know how to fix this

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am new to canvas so this may be a dumb question but i always see a percentage circle on peoples canvas and i do not have that 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello all--My institution has adopted Simple Syllabus. I am struggling to find a way to link from within that Syllabus to other pages in my Course. One example: in the "Course Materials" section, I want to link to a page where I compiled some additio...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Blackboard transferred over to canvas around 2022.  For prior students in 2021, how do we get access to those files to use for current course work?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I always select and upload a photo for use as the course shell cover. Today, however, I tried several different image files (.jpeg) just as I had done before, but neither one appears after I click on "Update Course Details" in the Settings of the Can...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I restore the Canvas template after it has been removed? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm an admin at a grad school, and we are seeking a way to administer the "take breaks during a test" accommodation. A workaround suggested by another user was to just extend the overall time. However, in this case the student has up to 24 hours to t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there any way to resize the time intervals on the Weekly Calendar so that I can see the entire course without it being cut off? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When students log on to my course, they see various options on the left side. Syllabus, Modules, Pages etc. I don't want most of those. Instead I want to create a whole new option or at least be able to rename the sections. So instead of people havin...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

installed canvas following the Production Wiki on ubuntu 20.04When i try to save bigbluebutton plugin settings, it gives an error and doesn't save them. I added error image to attachments./var/canvas/log/production.log file is attached to the this fo...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, New in an admin role and I have just attempted to to provision a bunch of courses with a course SIS upload. Although it seems I got most of the formatting correct using this to guide me there are a few things that have gone wrong. For one, th...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have Lucid showing in all of our course nav without us adding it. Is there any way to set a default that any new features are hidden in the course menu until we want to expose it? The same thing happened when installing Badgr, and we had to edit e...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you make it so that I can color code  (as an end user) different items in a Module to differentiate content from assignments? I've read the other suggestions for using emoji's to distinguish different types of content, but I want to be able to hi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,   I have students grade each other's notebooks and have used Google Forms to collect their scores. I like using Google Forms because it creates an Excel spreadsheet, making it easy to transfer grades. How can I do the same thing in Canvas? Could ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Something happened and I wound up exiting out and cannot get back in to check the other few boxes so that this is marked complete.Would anyone know how I can reset this and start over? thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a system-level or course-level way to disable student assignment comments in Canvas? To my knowledge and testing, faculty are not notified of these comments. Please let me know if there is a way to immediately notify faculty when a student p...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I just want to delete unused shells that are in my dashboard that have never been published. Does anyone know how? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(in the hundreds) for changes to the course (even unpublished modules). How do I turn this off?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not sure if this is possible, but I teach Spanish and in my class I have regular students that do not speak Spanish and some native speakers. In order for native speakers not to get bored, I give them a different assignment each week. I have cre...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For admins:We allow our TAs to grade assignments, but we want to use the Gradebook Notes field to list accommodations, but we don't want the TAs to see the accommodations. Is there a way to restrict TAs from seeing the Gradebook Notes field but still...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies