canvas is not working on safari on my Mac

Jump to solution
Jkelly9
Community Novice

My safari is not letting canvas load and I need it to work on safari. I have safari 13 and have cleared everything out. please help asap. not happy. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Jkelly9 ...

I'm not a Mac guy (other than my iPhone and my iPad), so I'm not real familiar with the Mac operating system.  Is there a reason that you need to use Safari for your browser?  Yesterday I was helping some folks with similar problems, and I recall that someone said he/she had been using Safari as his/her web browser.  When he/she switched to the Google Chrome browser, things were a lot better.  (You could also try Mozilla Firefox.)  Are you open to trying one of those browsers instead?

What are the browser and computer requirements for Instructure products?

Also, try clearing your browser cache/history following this Guide:

How do I clear my browser cache on a Mac?

I would also recommend reaching out to Georgia Tech's Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Learning department if you continue to experience issues with this.  I found a contact phone number near the bottom of this page (which I hope is your login page for Canvas): GT | GT Login (gatech.edu).

Finally, you could try reaching out to Canvas Support at: How do I contact Canvas Support? - Instructure Community

Hopefully these resources will be of help to you.  Keep us posted...thanks!

View solution in original post