feature request: ability to download rubric

Jump to solution
micciclr
Community Explorer

Please consider making it possible for users to download a copy of the rubrics they create so that they are sharable outside of Canvas. Users should be able to access and download materials they create.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
mzimmerman
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @micciclr,

Welcome to the Canvas Community.  This is a discussion board for Canvas users from different schools all over the world

I recommend that you share this in Ideas & Themes:

How do Ideas and Themes work in the Instructure Community? 

How do I create a new idea in the Instructure Community? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
paul_fynn
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @micciclr it woudl be useful to get a moe detailed understanding of what you are looking to do.

As with most content you can right click and 'print to' or 'save as' and would need to customise the page range to the rubric itself.

You can also run an API call from your browser to extract the data if you know what the Canvas ID of the Rubric is

• To find this you can go to 'Manage rubrics' then right click the rubric name to get the course ID eg 88888 and rubric ID eg [99999]
  • In the browser replace everything after yourcanvassite.com with 

/api/v1/courses/:course_id/rubrics/:id

• then update course_id to your subaccount and :id to your rubric :Id eg

yourcanvassite.com/api/v1/courses/88888/rubrics/99999

• This will generate JSON output which you can then fid an online converter to convert to .csv, and which could potentially be updated and reinput back to Canvas

Having gone through both exercises, I think that whilst the original query is around Ribrics, there are some specific and general points that might benefit Canvas architecture:

1. Provide a print icon / dialogue on all relevant artefacts, assignments, rubrics etc

2.Provide an API call or CSV download icon for privileged users on all relevant content

3.Rubrics are currently listed Alphabetically by module - provide a search option so that rubrics can be found in subfolders

4. (For users) take a sensible approach to Rubric naming so that you can find and resue them in the future

hope that helps

best

Paul 

View solution in original post