get classic discussions instead of discussions redesign

LoraCohn
Community Member

Hi

I find the new discussion redesign to be very frustrating.  I would like to have the old discussion set-up back.  How do I make that happen?  The redesign is wasting my time.  I've stuck with it through two weeks assuming that I'd learn to love it and that hasn't happened. I'm trying to be polite........

Particular problems are----

1.  Having to click on reply to see student replies to each other is a waste of time-- I just want every posting from every student to be exposed all the time.  How do I make that happen?

2.  In the past, I've been able to get to speed grader from the discussion thread itself.  How do I do that in the new design?

3.  What does this mean (below)?  How do I know when the post I am viewing was created?  Is it the first day/time or the last day/time or some other day/time?

Student name

Jun 13 11:30pmLast reply Jun 16 3:37pm

4. When discussions are designated as a group discussion, how do I type in one response to everyone and one grade for everyone?  I am pretty sure I was able to do this in the past but can't now.

5.  How do I get out of a group discussion when I am ready to return to the other course items?  I can get to the other groups easily but can't get back to the whole class with ease.

I eagerly await replies-- I'd prefer an email to my campus email (lora.cohn@park.edu) not through canvas.  I don't hang out here.

Thanks!!

Lora

0 Likes