Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

hi,within our University for specific courses we allow students to undertake a single missed assignment towards the end of the course.my question relates to the visibility of assignment text and the submission status. if the assigment is assigned to ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I was hoping I did not have to go through the process of moving each student individually from one course to another course later in the program. I googled "how to move students from one course to another in canvas"The first link that came up s...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My college is looking at putting an ungraded survey in each course to use as the course evaluation.  Here are a few questions I'm trying to answer to determine if this will work. 1. Can you see who did and did not complete the survey in an ungraded s...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Per our district, we have to have formative and summative assessments only. Nothing else. I have the SIS check marked to sync from Canvas to Infinite Campus, but I do not see anywhere to tell Canvas if the grade is to go to the formative side of my g...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! We've been investigating options to allow collaborators/guest lecturers/etc. from outside our institution access to our Canvas instance.  One thought that has come up is using InCommon for authentication, after we have created user accounts with ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All!I have some faculty who are not ready to post full details of assignments for students as they build them out. But our students rely heavily on canvas calendar. The workaround I proposed was making sure each assignment had "available from" che...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a sandbox/practice class and I am the member/teacher. I want to delete the class but it won't let me because there's a member: me/the teacher. How do I delete this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am new in the Canvas community and I am facing a problem publishing my first eLearning... Can someone help, pleaseeeee?I did my eLearning on Articulate and exported the eLearning as a LMS Scorm file.I have created a new folder and uploaded th...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been asked to recreate a rating sheet that is used by field supervisors to assess student performance during their practicum. I've attached the form. It has fields for tracking supervisor names, hours student logged, info about the space for the...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I do not want my students to see their grades until I send them their grade card. Is this something I can control through settings?   

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! Is there a way in Canvas to Globally email learners who have not progressed in their courses in a timely manner?  We are a learning and Development company so there isn't necessarily a "teacher in the course responsible for the learners.  We w...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to figure out a way to have a category of assignments that students can pick and choose from.I use weighted averages (in percentages) with assignment categories.My goal is to have a category for Enrichment Assignments (extra readings, atte...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi my hist 108 class is not showing anywhere,  not even in past enrollments. please help. thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm looking to set up a section of a canvas page which is required to be read by students, and then to track if they have read it or not if possible. Can anyone advise if this can be done?Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to have one calendar for all courses, so the teacher or institution can mark special dates for all courses just one time instead of doing it for each course

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I completed the Canvas Field Guide Course, how do I obtain my certificate?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Please send information on how "Elementary School Counselor" can use Canvas.  I need a jump start:) Thanks 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm seeing some cases where the date picker (for an Assignment, for example) is displaying the year 202 instead of 2022 (image attached). According to Wikipedia, 202 A.D. is the Year of the Consulship of Severus and Antoninus, but that doesn't help w...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi!Is it possible to hide, with the layout tools or with HTML, certain parts of a page so that students can't see it yet. I want to be able to create a page and keep certain parts, which are not yet final for viewing, hidden to continue working on la...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I fix my son's Global Announcements? I need to remove his old school. It is very confusing!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since there is no real way to get support I thought I'd post here.As an observer, I can see 2 students on the mobile device.  The same account on the website only has 1 student in the drop-down. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to apply for a class on the calendar but it doesn't work, it just shows a white page. The same goes for the Inbox.I am also missing the " Account, Courses, and Groups" from my Canvas Home page. Please help me solve this issue my class has alr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Does anyone know how I can get my sons high school courses to show in his canvas account because he Middle school is still linked to his account?Any information would be very helpful.Thank you, 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We recently stopped using our SIS due to continuing issues that weren't being addressed.  We need to enroll students but we're having problems doing so as the system keeps saying that although the students are in the system, they cannot be placed in ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Community,I joined a project that will be releasing Canvas LMS soon. I'm tasked with performing testing (functional, API or otherwise) in a test domain. Where can I find resources for testers? I would like to find a test plan that shows a good ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been added to courses as a TA, instructor, and student over the past five years. I was always able to access all my courses and material online. However, as of now (Aug 2022), I can only see the courses I took after 2021. I am still a student ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to access the feedback given to me for my assignment. When I clicked on the feedback link, it says that I am using the Internet browser, which is outdated and no longer supported by Canvas. I have installed Chrome in my computer. How do I...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to turn off the ability for users to retitle messages sent via the "Message Students Who" functionality in the gradebook.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Unable to upload replies. Canvas says loading but nothing happens. Checked out my computer and its OK. When will Canvas load replies? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In previous years using Canvas, i would create discussion boards and have them be graded assignments with clear expectations and a grading rubric. However, i would set the assignment to "0 Points Possible" and "Display Grade as Complete/Incomplete." ...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies