Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

InstructureCon 2020 Venue/Date?

Jump to solution

336516_instructurecon-2020-email-border (1).png

At this time last year, there was a lot more chatter about the dates/locations for InstructureCon19. Now, I know that we knew that Keystone had reached its capacity and the contract was up....or at least that's what I was hearing.

Has anyone heard if Long Beach is happening again? Was there a multiyear contract signed? I've heard nothing. Really enjoyed my time in Long Beach but it was much easier to cover and explore the area and check everything off the list than Keystone. Would love a scenery update for next year!

336517_pastedImage_1.png

InstructureCon 2020

Help Others by Answering Questions!

Tags (2)
20 Replies
Highlighted

You are correct in your assumption, kevin.wagenmaker@montcalm.edu‌; Instructure has reserved blocks for those dates, and the rooms will be available at a conference rate. Please keep an eye on the website for updates.

Highlighted

Yay! Thanks for the link and info, stefaniesanders! Do we know when details (prices, etc) are typically released so I can try to get conference funding from my school? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Scratch that. It looks like past registrations usually go live in January

Highlighted
Community Member

I was so disappointed to hear it would be in Tennessee, since California won't pay for its employees to go to states that have laws that discriminate against the LGBT community.

Hopefully next year, the conference will be in a state that isn't on the banned list.

Highlighted

acolvin@sierracollege.edu‌, thanks for this feedback. Many of our customers have asked us to hold this event in different parts of the country, which is why we're holding InstCon in Nashville in 2020. We recognize that many of our friends in California may be unable to join us at that event (as you referenced, this is due to California’s Assembly Bill 1887 which prohibits state-sponsored travel to select states). But we will be holding an event for our growing customer base in the Golden State on Friday, September 18, 2020 in Palm Springs. Please be on the lookout for details!

Highlighted

Thanks for the response, Stephanie!

I just passed that information on to my department coordinator and we are going to add it to our calendar!

Highlighted
Surveyor

We at Del Mar College in Texas are looking forward to more details for InstructureCon 2020! We have a professional development planning coming up soon and hope to see some additional information soon.

Cheers to a great 2020!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Howdy Janet; it's live now: 

https://www.instructure.com/canvas/news/instructurecon 

Happy planning!

Sky V.

Highlighted

Howdy Cody! The site is live now 🙂

https://www.instructure.com/canvas/news/instructurecon 

Sky V.

Highlighted

Hey there! It's been a couple of months - is there any additional information about the Palm Springs shindig yet?

We had some folks asking about it at a recent meeting.