Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer

Status of InstructureCon 2020

Jump to solution

346478_instructurecon-2020-email-border.png 

My reservation to Gaylord Opryland was just canceled by the resort. When I called to find out what happened, after much phone tree wrangling, they told me the 'group' canceled. Has InstructureCon 2020 IRL been canceled?

346479_icons8-microphone-150.png

InstructureCon 2020‌

Join the Conversation!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

straussi@erau.edu‌ and everyone participating here, we apologize that you didn't learn this from us directly right away; it looks like auto-generated emails to InstructureCon hotel guests let the cat out of the bag a bit early. :smileyblush:

It's true: we will take InstructureCon from Nashville, Tennessee, and will convert it to a FREE single-day virtual event on Thursday, October 15: CanvasCon Online. We will provide full details on Monday, May 4, on the Instructurecon website

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted

Same here.  Emailed my CSM and she replied with:

There is a flood of CSMs asking this same question as it looks like several people just received this e-mail notification. We are asking for an update as we have not been told of any cancellation. 

We should have information very soon about what is going on. 

Highlighted
Learner

Same here!  I figured we would have received an official announcement instead of finding out this way.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Same here, too. Agree with you, Tom.

Highlighted
Explorer III

I got the hotel cancelation as well. Hopefully some sort of announcement soon.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

straussi@erau.edu‌ and everyone participating here, we apologize that you didn't learn this from us directly right away; it looks like auto-generated emails to InstructureCon hotel guests let the cat out of the bag a bit early. :smileyblush:

It's true: we will take InstructureCon from Nashville, Tennessee, and will convert it to a FREE single-day virtual event on Thursday, October 15: CanvasCon Online. We will provide full details on Monday, May 4, on the Instructurecon website

View solution in original post

Highlighted

October 15th?!?  Why during school?  It would be so much better during the summer!

Highlighted
Surveyor

I'm bummed about this, but I was expecting it.

Are there any details about the registration refund? I got the hotel cancelation email today as well and sent it to the person in my department that handles all things to do with reservations and travel, and she asked me about this. Is there something we need to initiate, or will that be done on Instructure's end?

I also wonder about October 15th date - any thoughts to late August or another time when school's not in session?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

My CSM sent this along tonight:

Your tickets that were originally purchased for InstCon will be refunded starting May 20. We apologize the auto-generated cancellation email from the hotel beat us to this news. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for more details to come next week!
Highlighted

Great - thank you!

0 Kudos