Cannot Schedule Discussion To-Do at Desired Time Anymore

Jump to solution
Anon48723
Community Member

Classic Canvas, "fixing" what isn't broken. I want to set up a discussion to expire at 11:59pm. Not at 12am. 11:59pm. I've done it this way for years. Now new Canvas isn't letting me set a custom time. It wants to force me to set the discussion to expire at a time it likes. But it's not teaching my course. I am. Please revert it back the way it was: trust me - I know how to run my own course! Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Anon48723,

I see what you mean.  In "assign to" areas, even though the dropdown menus only show 30 minute increments, you can manually type any other time you want (say, 11:50 pm).  For ungraded discussions, the to-do time box overrides manual things you type in.  If you have access, the best thing might be to contact Canvas support and let them know about this issue.  I have a feeling the intended behavior is to let you type in any time you want, and this is actually a bug they can address.  The community here is comprised of mostly other Instructure product users, so filing a support ticket is much more likely to get this addressed than the community post.  The good thing about the community post is that others like me may come across this thread, agree with us, and file their own support tickets as well, which will make it even more likely to get addressed quickly.

Hope this helps a bit, and I do hope Instructure addresses this quickly!

-Chris

View solution in original post