cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile all essay responses to a quiz question on one screen for grading

Compile all essay responses to a quiz question on one screen for grading

(6)
I would love to see and grade all written responses (essays) to a quiz question at one time, on one screen.  If I need to grade #12 manually, for example, I would like all the #12 responses grouped together with a way to input grades for each one.  The "grade by question" feature as it is now still makes you go through each student's quiz separately and does not save any time at all...it basically just gives bookmarks to each question.  I am still doing a whole lot of scrolling to the bottom of the page to update scores or past a bunch of questions that have already been graded automatically.
49 Comments
Community Member

Great idea! Would make grading nicer for sure. I used to use a program called Jupiter grades that allowed this question specific grading. It would also allow me to grade them w/out know who the student was. It was always fun to see if I could identify the student by his or her answer as I went along.

Can you put your suggestion up for a vote?

Community Member

This idea is now open for voting! 😉

Surveyor

It is open for voting now. Smiley Happy

Community Member

Since it is not possible to regrade a question that is being drawn randomly from a question bank, the feature of being able to select a question and view all the students that received that question is essential.  Even better, would be take make questions drawn randomly from question banks regradable.  Other systems do it so I know its possible.

Community Member

I have moved over from Schoology and graded by question quite frequently.  It would be great to have this option when I need it.  It was much faster grading this way.

Community Member

Yes, I have used examsoft and this was a great feature.

It also allowed you to grade one essay topic at a time which gave me time to evaluate the overall quality of the essays in general and grade more fairly overall.

Community Member

At the bottom of this thread/idea, what Christi Wruck said gives me the idea that this is in the works. Is the one I linked to the same one as this, rcarney@instructure.com​, Deactivated user​, kona@richland.edu​, et al? Meaning, with the new Speedgrader, will this already be available?

Community Member

This kind of capability is also crucial for viewing Just-in-Time open response questions. You need to be able to scan through all the responses to a question and get a feeling for what the general responses are and where the outliers are. You pretty much can't use the quiz tool to do JiTT if you use open response questions.

Community Member

I really hope this feature will be installed!

I have see this feature in other LMS systems, and it is a big time saver for teachers. It also encourages teachers to administer open-ended questions, instead of avoiding them because of the time it takes to grade each one individually.

Community Member

Congratulations and thank you, Lauren, for a successful idea. I hope it gets implemented!