DIGITAL BADGES (instcon15)

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Instcon15 HOME.png

Limited Edition InstructureCon 2015 Digital Badges

WHAT THEY ARE & HOW TO GET 'EM!

Digital badges are your rewards for your participation in the community and presence at InstructureCon 2015. They are often accompanied by points (to 'level up' your status within the Canvas Community) and a cool icon that can be featured on your community profile.

We've created limited-edition badges for InstructureCon 2015. Read below to learn about each badge and ways to earn them!

Attendee Button.png

100 POINTS

What is it for?

Attending InstructureCon 2015, of course!

How can I get one?

Once you have checked into the conference (as proof you showed up), the badges will be added to your profile.

NOTE: This badge will be manually awarded (so please be patient). If you do not see it in your profile by 7/31/15, please follow these steps.)

Triple Threat Button.png

50 POINTS

What is it for?

Being a writer, actor, and director at InstructureCon 2015. As a triple-threat attendee, you deserve a standing ovation!

How can I get one?

This one requires a bit more effort, obviously. You must complete the following:

NOTE: This badge will be automatically awarded upon successful completion. If you do not see it in your profile immediately, please follow these steps.)

Community Button.png

20 POINTS (possibly, 30)

What is it for?

Getting to know your Community Team. (Optional: Taking a selfie with one of them will earn you an extra 10 points.)

How can I get one?

Find and connect with one of our Community Managers ( @scottdennis ​,  @biray ​, Deactivated user​,  @Renee_Carney ​) and ask them an interesting question. Then post their responses online. Click here to learn badge specifics -- like where to post your Q & A (and your selfies).

NOTE: This badge will be automatically awarded upon successful completion. If you do not see it in your profile immediately, please follow these steps.)

Twitter Button.png

15 POINTS

What is it for?

Having the highest number of tweets during InstructureCon 2015. Tweets must include #instcon (#instcon15 does not count... please don't use)

How can I get one?

Between Tuesday 6/16/2015 and Thursday 6/19/2105, our team will keep an eye on the Twitterstream for #instcon. As long as you're actively tweeting cool stuff (ahem, no re-tweets, automatic tweets or spam), we'll tally up the scores and let you know the winner soon after the conference.

The winner will be awarded the badge and his/her name will be posted below.

***WINNER***  @adam_b_nemeroff 

Hack Night Button.png

15 POINTS

What is it for?

Participating at InstructureCon 2015 Hack Night or Course Hack Night

How can I get one?

At some point during the evening, go to the Hack Night or Course Hack Night​ events page and 'add a comment' to post your thoughts and take-aways.

If you are looking for some more opportunities to earn points and digital badges, click here to check out all the other community badges you can earn!