cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer

Anyone bringing kids/family?

Trying to plan things out - I probably want to bring husband and 5 year old girl.  Anyone else bringing family?  She is an only child and would love to be around some other kids at some point during the week!

28 Replies
Highlighted

Agreed!

I would love to say, "small investment, huge return", but I know that Instructure's swag investment is gigantic.

kLM

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Hey Everyone,

It looks like there will be plenty of things to do around Keystone for family members. If you have smaller kids that require daycare, here are the options at the resort:

Local babysitting services are:

Resort Sitters: 970-513-4445

http://www.resortsitters.com/summit-babysitters/

Mountain Sitters: 970-331-1763

http://mountainsitters.com/summit.html

Highlighted
Community Member

Deactivated userWe bring the munchkins! We anchor our family vacations visiting National Parks around the conference.

It's also helpful that our girls (14 and 10) are STEM enthusiasts, so they had blast at InstructureCon 2014 & 2015.

They loved Park City and are looking forward to Keystone, CO.

thumb_IMG_5237_1024.jpg thumb_IMG_6799_1024.jpg

2014                                                                                  2015

Highlighted
Community Member

We'll be going and bringing our daughter, who will be almost one.  Those child-care rates seem insanely high!  It'll cost almost as much per day as we normally spend for a week!  Is this just me?  It looks like it could be much less expensive per child to coordinate with someone else who is bringing a little one.  I'm open to other suggestions or ideas, as well.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

We found it better to just bring our babysitter with us. Smiley HappyIMG_9521 (2).jpg

In this case it was my Mom (three years running) and it worked out great because she could meet up with us in between sessions or at lunch and then when we needed to be off again it was no big deal. It was also nice for the evening stuff because that way we could fully participate and when my daughter got tired/cranky/bored, my Mom could just take her back to the room. I will also say that my Mom had a really good time at InstructureCon (all three years!) and overall it made for fun family time when we were all together!

Highlighted
Community Member

I wish this was an option for us!  It sounds wonderful. 

Highlighted

Is that your Mom in that picture Kona? She's beautiful!

For our first couple years, we also brought an extra person to help keep track of our granddaughter. Worked out great for us.

KLM

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yep, it was the best of both worlds. Sorry it wouldn't work out for you!

Highlighted

Thanks kelley.meeusen@cptc.edu​! She'll love to hear that, especially since she just retired after 38 years of teaching!

Highlighted
Community Member

Maybe your mom wants to watch another little person? Smiley Wink