cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer

Anyone bringing kids/family?

Trying to plan things out - I probably want to bring husband and 5 year old girl.  Anyone else bringing family?  She is an only child and would love to be around some other kids at some point during the week!

28 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Unfortunately we can't make it this year otherwise I would definitely ask! I'm going to be 38 weeks pregnant the week of InstructureCon and figured while giving birth there would be memorable (for everyone), it might not necessarily be the best idea. Smiley Wink Yet, we're planning on bringing the whole family next year!!

Highlighted
Community Member

Last year, I was 7 months along at InstructureCon (one week shy of my doctor's cutoff for travel).  It was a bit of an adventure!  I wish you well in this last stretch of pregnancy. 

Highlighted
Community Member

I think I may have found a better option.  We'll be renting a car, so we should be able to drive to other facilities, so it looks like there are some other daycare and childcare centers in some of the nearby towns that may work and are much, much less expensive.  I'm still looking at all the options, since there's a waitlist for infants right now, but I thought I'd post this here in case anyone else is struggling with the same challenge.  It sounded like it would be much easier if our daughter was just a little bit older...

Highlighted

Next year!  By then, maybe she'll be old enough to actually attend. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Member

I'm bringing the family along. 12 yr old and 9 yr old,this will.my first year attending instructurecon and am already excited about the family atmosphere encouraged. We are driving up from CA so plan on hitting the some national parks on the way out.

Highlighted
Community Member

Does anyone know if there's a charge for non-eating, non-participating family to be in attendance?  Our daughter is going to need to be with us in the evenings, during the receptions and such.  She obviously won't be eating or drinking, since she'll just be 11 months old, so I'm assuming she wouldn't need a guest pass or anything.  Anyone with little ones in past years who can comment?  I do remember seeing babies at the conference last year, and I'm kicking myself for not asking then.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

tbunag@pacific.edu​, I've had my daughter at previous InstructureCon's when she was 1.5, 2.5, & 3.5 and never paid for her and was never questioned about her needing a pass. Granted she never really ate much, just off our plates, but she still enjoyed the games and some of the activities and it wasn't a problem.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Member

Unfortunately, it looks like our attempts at getting into a drop-in daycare are striking out.  Is there anyone else needing a babysitter who would like to share costs?  The in-room babysitters cost an arm and a leg, but if we could share with someone, it would be much more reasonable.  Looking more and more like we might be bringing a very well-behaved baby to a bunch of sessions...

Highlighted
Community Member

And bring the munchkins I did!