cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
orwinr
Community Champion

Find a Bunk Mate / Online Share Board

There have been a few posts regarding finding roommates for the condos in Keystone. It was suggested by  @jamely ​ that somebody start a board for this purpose. I didn't see one as of yet, correct me if I am wrong, so I have taken the liberty of starting a board specifically for those that want to find a bunk mate for the conference. Good luck in your search and happy trails :smileygrin:

20 Replies
mmarrapodi

I'm interested in sharing a 2 bedroom condo for July 19, 20, and 21. Anyone interested can email me at mmarrapodi@quincycollege.edu.

While I realize this isn't eHarmony - I'm a 60-year-old non-smoker and I'll be traveling alone.

Thanks!

I still have 1 room for July 21, if anyone is interested. Cost is $170 for the night, which includes all taxes, fees, etc.

karen_hickenbot

I booked a 2 bedroom at River Run before I realized I had to find my own roommate. No one else from my district is coming. If anyone needs the other room you can e-mail me at Karen.hickenbottom@sno.wednet.edu .

Thanks

jordan_noyes

*Revised* I have booked a 2 bdrm at River Run for the 19th, 20th, and 21st.  Still looking to fill the open room. If anyone is interested in sharing a "bunk" email me at jordan.noyes@muhlenberg.edu.

Thanks!

@jordan_noyes , not sure if you've been to InstructureCon before, but I would highly recommend spending the night the last day. Why? Some of the best and most awesome stuff happens the last night of the conference and it can definitely run late! Smiley Happy

It is definitely my preference! I have never been, but am very excited!

I've been three years and InstructureCon is hands down the best conference (and continues to be) that I've ever attended. Smiley Happy

fosterl
Community Contributor

I'm with Kona, if you can possibly stay over Thursday night, do! I've only been once, last year, but the closing activities are worth staying for.

lindy

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hello Canvas Community ~ I'm looking for a room for July 19, 20, 21. I am the only one traveling from my district. I'd be happy to join an already-existing reservation or to start a new one. There are only 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom condos left, and I just got the approval from my district for travel. (I'm scrambling a bit!) klundstrum@delasalle.com

The Canvas Community just received another "awesome" point in my book (Thanks  @jordan_noyes ). I have a place to stay. I feel a lot better, and now I can start exploring all of those session options. InstructureCon, here I come!

rachelbert
Community Member

Hi Creative Community of Canvas Coolness!

I've just been given the green light to attend this conference (my first one Smiley Happy ). I'm very excited to jump in and learn more about how I can use Canvas to support my program's distance education components. It looks like the housing options are limited to the multi-room condos, at this point. So many folks have already signed up to be a part of the awesomeness this year! I am the only one attending from my program, so I'm looking for someone (or ones) to share housing at the Resort for the 18th through the 22nd. Drop me a line, if you are too! rberthia@email.unc.edu

Hi rachelbert​,

I'm in a similar situation in need of a place to stay.  I had booked a room at a local motel while I was waiting for district funding to come through, but that reservation had a glitch and now that I can book officially, there are no rooms left. I sent you an email.  I actually called the conference booking company today, and they said there are literally no rooms -- not even big ones.  They recommended finding a room in a town ten minutes away and renting a car.   =(  I have a lead on another possible option, so let me know if you are still looking for a place (mlattke@pasco.k12.fl.us).

Thanks!

Michelle

admin
Community Contributor

+1 for needing a place to stay.  If you need a roommate, please email me at horn.179@osu.edu.  30 year old non smoker.  Very considerate and somewhat friendly 😛

rachelbert
Community Member

Thanks Michelle, for this info! I didn't see your email, but my university has been having trouble with its email campus-wide for the past 24 hours. Glad that you posted here about it. Due to the travel policies of the university, it's real cumbersome to get rooms/places through third-party rentals, like those from AirBNB and VRBO, even renting a car has its own hoops that you have to jump through to justify. Coming from a school system, I wonder if you are in the same boat about tough travel regulations. I'll email you to see if something can work out.

tchilt
Community Participant

Hi all. I have a 3 bedroom, 2 bath condo at Lakeside Village Condos. My colleagues who were traveling with me have since moved on to other jobs, so I have 2 rooms available! If anyone is looking for a room, please let me know at tchilt@saic.edu.

Thanks!

tchilt
Community Participant

I forgot to add that check-in is July 19, check-out is July 22.

Hi Todd,

Is your place pet friendly?

tchilt
Community Participant

I'm not sure. I'll call on Monday and check.

tchilt
Community Participant

I just called and it is not pet friendly. Sorry.

afreemont

Hello friends!

I am traveling with my husband and 2 fur kids (a pomeranian and an english bulldog) and am looking for a place to stay. We currently have a place reserved at one of the hotels in Silverthorne but the resort looks so fabulous and I saw there are some pet friendly places. If anyone has an open room and likes dogs please let me know by emailing me at abluehouse@hatchschools.net.

My husband and I are both 32, non-drinkers, non-smokers and high schools teachers (me: language arts, him: special education). As I type this, I realize we sound pretty boring haha Smiley Happy This is my first Canvas conference, I love using it in my classroom and have turned it into a blended classroom. My husband is just coming along for the trip.

Talk to you soon! Hopefully!