Josh Coates Keynote

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach
Home.pngSchedule.pngFood & Fun.pngPartners.pngHelp & FAQ.png

Even though I'm not able to attend InstructureCon in person this year, it was great to be able to watch the live stream of Josh Coates' opening Keynote. From my previous three InstructureCon experiences I know that Josh is always entertaining (Anyone remember Josh Coates Keynote Bingo from last year?) and yet makes some important and meaningful points. This year was definitely no exception!

Josh started with his normal (and funny) mental warm-ups (Instructure employees, does he do these in Instructure meetings?) and then dug right into the important stuff. I specifically appreciated his focus on being open and that while open is good there is also some responsibility tied to being open. It was pretty cool that he put up the names, pictures, and email addresses of some of the main Instructure leaders and said if you have a problem, contact us! Wow, how many companies want customers to even have the email addresses of people that high up on the food chain?! I also loved (since we were a WebCT school that moved to Angel - to get away from Bb - and then moved to Canvas - to get away from Bb) when he said one of his stipulations for coming on board with Instructure was that Canvas couldn't be sold to Bb and that one of their main tenants should be to pretty much do the opposite of what Bb does. Love the blunt honesty!!

And of course one of my favorite parts was when Josh talked about the Canvas Community. The Community is near and dear to my heart and it sure didn't hurt that I somehow managed to be included on the slide he posted about the Community!
KeyNote.jpg
Overall it was an entertaining and informative Keynote and I really appreciate that it was live streamed so those of us not in attendance could still virtually attend in real time!

193206_TL_letters.png193207_TR_letters.png193208_bottom_letters.png