Did you mean: 
aha50
Community Member

Parti: A Live Image-Based Participation System for Canvas

Home.pngSchedule.pngFood & Fun.pngPartners.pngHelp & FAQ.png

Tap/click map to enlarge

ic16_map_torreys_peak_3_and_4.png

Andrew Hawryshkewich

School of Interactive Arts & Technology (SIAT) / Simon Fraser University (SFU)

HigherEd

Created to streamline feedback in design courses, Parti is a live, in-class participation LTI app that allows students to use their smartphones to snap and post images of their work. The instructor can then immediately select, draw upon, and discuss submissions, allowing for quick and direct feedback.

182913_landscape.jpgComment and connect below
8 Replies
aha50
Community Member

Given I now realize that the 'brief' about my presentation above isn't the clearest, you can check out my "Parti in the Classroom!" poster presented at a recent symposium. It will give you a bit of context on what I'll be presenting though there will definitely be more in the presentation itself.

Of course, if you have any questions please feel free to shoot them my way. Thanks!

bdye
Explorer II

I plan on attending your session.

Do you have any documentation on setting up the App we could look at beforehand? I've visited the your site and only found relevant information for instructors within your Canvas instance.

We are in the process of developing a course and would like to experiment with this application.

Brian

aha50
Community Member

Hello bdye,

Thank-you for your interest and (hopefully) attendance! Sadly I do not have any pre-session App materials at the moment as we are in process of open-sourcing it as I type this message. I should have more concrete items – documentation, link to code, etc – at my presentation next week, and if you're looking for some one-on-one discussion and guidance post-session, I am more than happy to do so!

Thank-you for asking – as I imagine others are wondering the same – and please do let me know if you have any other questions.

ltscal2
Learner II

Brian,

It is possible to give guest access to this open source instance Smiley Happy

aha50
Community Member

I must admit, I don't know how to do that! Do you think we could figure that out at some point?

Thanks Keroleen!

jordan
Community Member

Already can't wait to see this recording, after seeing  @kdscholl ​'s post!

C-E433C921-81B8-416C-9282-AC81BD17DF7F.png

aha50
Community Member

As promised, you can access the slide-deck for my presentation at andrewh talks about Parti in the Classroom  and the now open-source code is available at GitHub - sfu/parti-lti: Live image upload participation tool (photo annotation and real-time interac...  for download/installation.

Thanks again to all those who attended and feel free to ping me at andrew.h@sfu.ca should you ever have questions or would like to follow up further.

Cheerio!

bdye
Explorer II

Thank you for your sessions. When I get back I'm going to look into setting this up.

brian