Support Field Day: Course-Related Tickets... a brief recap to make those who missed jelly

mjohnson3
Community Contributor
Home.pngSchedule.pngFood & Fun.pngPartners.pngHelp & FAQ.png

Introduction:

This session was great for admins who are charged with solving the world's  student's problems (in Canvas). Our fearless leaders were Justin Reesor and JT Wilcox- they were great and full of knowledge.

Details:

In this session we mostly dealt with the most common issues that you run into when dealing with tickets from students- including the fact that there is typically very little information in the actual ticket.  Some of these items included the dreaded unauthorized error, can't submit, can't respond and can't see a class.  We also looked at some instructor issues like when students grades keep changing back to 0 after grading (hint: on ground, paper tests don't really work well set up as a quiz in Canvas). While these are all typically the most common issues that support encounters, the discussion that came from the attendees generated many more levels of discussion that really made the session great.

Conclusion:

As my school's primary support person (no tier 1 over here Smiley Happy ) this session was something that I was looking forward to from the day I saw it posted and the presenters did not let me down.  This session helped me to look at the tickets from many more angles than what I did previously. 

192680_TL_letters.png192681_TR_letters.png192682_bottom_letters.png