Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Is there a way to use the 4 point standard scale instead of a percentage?  4, 3.5 and 3's are all A's while 2.5 is a B, 2 in a C and so on.  I dislike putting in a 3.8 out of 4 for a 3.5 score. 3.2 out of 4 for a 3.0 score.  Thanks for your time.

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Regarding SIS integration and data provisioning--I'm trying to send my SIS API credentials as a text (.txt) Could someone elaborate on just what it is that the file should contain and do I need to set up an account in my SIS for Canvas integration an...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am an instructor and I am trying to post my picture on the home page. In the instructor's view, I see the picture, but on the student view, it only shows the file name. How do I get the picture to show in the student view too?Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to create a group assignment, and then manually create the groups to which the different students will belong. The students already know which groups they belong to. So, I'd like to make it possible for the students to upload their (group) a...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I e- mail my professor from canvas

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

-I like how the existing pages are formatted on Canvas. Iv'e tried to create my own pages to match that format with no success. -Specifically, I am struggling with the format of images. I want to be able to have the text next to an image. When I uplo...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school district is new to using Canvas and we're trying to figure out the easiest way for offline students that will have to download Canvas content for offline viewing on Chromebooks.  Our dilemma is with editing Google Slides and Docs - current...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Training Completion CertificateIs it possible to create a Certificate of Completion which would automatically print with the student's name when a class (employee training) has been completed?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I add a video from my computer to a Canvas module?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Some students are saying the the slides are blurry or they are only seeing a blank slide while other students are not having any issues. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I embedded some YouTube videos into my course sandbox; however, if I edit something else on the page, the videos disappear -they are not even in the HTML .  How do I fix this?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am havingtrouble finding mydashboard

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to import the new quizzes content from other instance, I have QTI zip for importing it. But the "Import assessment content as New Quizzes" tab is disabled. Will someone please quickly let me know why this is disabled and how can I enable or im...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have post an essay or discussion on a Discussion Post assignment in Canvas.  Why can I not see other people's responses?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I clicked the "join" icon at the page of conferences, but it then automaticly opened a website of Blindside. How can I get into a conference?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Any Idea why I am getting the following message when I try to use the originality checker?An issue occurred while generating the similarity report. Updating user information failed because user email was changed to an address that is already associat...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Unexpected error in the middle saying that the specified resource does not exist.No any courses in dashboard, but other functions work. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am currently creating a custom LTI 1.3 tool but facing problems while configuring it with canvas. The authorization process fails when the request is to redirected to the authorization login URL of canvas which is the following for all cloud-hosted...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm studying about Canvas, the best LMS program. I need data or information about the key functions of Canvas.Please reply.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am to add my LinkedIn profile to my Canvas profile under links, but I don't see a link tab on my Canvas profile. Can someone help me, or maybe it doesn't exist. I would like to receive an answer. Thank you.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how to view pdf files without downloading?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do you create  home page?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am helping another student. Canvas doesn't recognize  ID number. Fail login message. Able to  login to Viking portal. Should I  recreate an account for Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to use Rubrics and I can add them as I make them but I would like to have access to the ones that are apart of Canvas online.  I have several made but I realize that they are mine and not a part of canvas.  From what I read it seems that we ha...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do i post an answer on the discussion boards?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm building a course in Canvas. When I go into Student View, the 'test' student cannot access the dashboard. An error message appears saying "access denied'. Does anyone know why?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good Evening!I'm having trouble accessing dashboard on my desktop

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the term for my course?  I imported a course from last semester from Moodle.  Now I want to change the term of the course on the Settings Page and elsewhere to Fall 2020.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The canvas page and source can be opened when I use my phone, but it cannot be opened when I use the laptop or computer. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Are we able to print a class roster, if so, how?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies