cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging into Canvas

Logging into Canvas

If you cannot log in to Canvas, try using the steps below to log in to your account.

If you are trying to log into a Free-for-Teacher account, view Logging into a Free-for-Teacher account.

Verify Canvas URL

Verify Canvas URL

Verify that you are using the correct Canvas URL for your school or institution.

If you do not know which URL to use, you may need to contact your institution's IT department.

Note: Depending on your institution, you may need to log in via Single Sign On (SSO). This means you may need to enter your username and password on a login page that displays differently than the image above. For more information on logging into your institution's SSO page, contact your IT department.

Verify Username & Password

Verify that you are using the correct username and password.

• If you use more than one Canvas URL, make sure you are using the correct login and password for each Canvas URL.
  • If your login and password were given to you from your institution and you are having trouble logging in, please contact your institution. (Your institution may have changed your login credentials.)
  • If you do not have a login and password, you may need to create an account.

Use Incognito/Private Browser

Something in your browser may be blocking your access to Canvas. To verify this, try using Chrome’s incognito or Firefox Private mode.

Request New Password

Request New Password

If you forgot your password, click the Forgot Password? link.

Request Password

Request Password

Enter your email address in the Email field [1]. Then click the Request Password button [2].

Learn more about resetting your password.

Note: It may take up to 30 minutes for your password reset email to send.

You are here
Table of Contents > Student > Logging into Canvas
Comments

Hi @Kimrodrig_12

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling to log in to Canvas! I double checked, and it looks like this might be your school's Canvas login page. Hopefully that helps! Please let us know if there's anything further we can help with. 

Thanks, 

Allie 

I already have a login info and it won't let me in to log in to my account 

@maricarmen_d,

First thing, make sure you are attempting to log in from the correct URL. Are you logging in from this page

Cody

@johannat,

Looks like you need to log into ClassLink first here. 

Cody

Hi! I'm struggling to get into my canvas account. I reset my password, verified my account, and tried logging in on an incognito browser. None of those options worked. 

Hi @gabbyronngren,

What URL are you using when you try to log in? Looks like you should start here.

Cody

I’m trying to log into canvas as a parent with my myspot info it’s not working

Hi @DeeBossMomm,

What URL are you using to log in to Canvas? Is it the same URL you used when you created your account?

Cody 

Estimados buenas Noches, quisiera saber si siempre se debe ingresar por intermedio del campus y después al Canvas o existe alguna manera de ir directo a esta última. Gracias

@Mauricio_1 

Deberá comunicarse con su escuela para obtener la respuesta a esta pregunta. Cada escuela tiene su propio proceso de inicio de sesión, que a menudo requiere iniciar sesión primero en la página de inicio de sesión de la escuela.

Cody

We can’t find the app he has school today?..

@gr1010867,

Are you looking for the Canvas Student app? Here are links to download from the App Store or Play Store depending on your device:

Cody

OK

I have the correct login and password and I can’t get into canvas.  I deleted the app reinstalled the app a couple times which was suggested However it still does not work. This is so frustrating.

Hi @Apostoli,

Are you logging in at hhsd.instructure.com?

Cody 

**Issues logging into Lockdown Browser using Canvas login**

I am needing to log into the Lockdown Browser with my Canvas credentials in order to complete a test., However, it is not allowing me access...my Canvas credentials do not register and let me in. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I know that the credentials are correct because I've successfully logged into Canvas on two other browsers (Chrome, Edge). My issue is gaining access to a test through the Lockdown Browser. Any help or suggestions are appreaiciated. 

Thanks 

Hi @sevans8

Sorry to hear you had issues with this over the weekend. I'd recommend checking out this Submitting a Quiz troubleshooting guide. You can also check out this LockDown Browser troubleshooting guide. 

Hopefully this helps! 

- Allie 

Hi @gr1010867

I wanted to follow up with you to see whether you were able to access Canvas. Please feel free to reach out if there's anything we can help with, 

Thanks, 

Allie

HI @Apostoli

I wanted to make sure you've successfully logged in to your Canvas account. Please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks, 

Allie

My password that I have used forever is not longer letting me into to my program. When I requested a password the email said "The password for this login should have been given to you by the system administrators at Teachers of Tomorrow," then said to contact admins about changing or verifying my password and I cannot find how to do that either. 

Hi @tochanceit

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling to log in! I did a quick look. Depending on where you're seeking your endorsement, there are different hotlines to contact. You can try this Canvas Support Request form for states other than Texas, or this Canvas Support form for Texas. You might also be able to get help from the general contact line at (888)668-3224. 

Hopefully this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thanks, 

Allie 

I never received a reset email. Its been 26 hours since I first requested and 4 hours since my last request. I need to add do my homework in canvas today. Class starts today!! Please fix this.

No comment

Hi @yu2

I'm sorry to hear that you've not received a password reset email. At this point, I'd recommend reaching out to your institution's help desk to verify your login information for Canvas and to get help logging in. I found the following number on the ccsf.edu website's Virtual Campus page: 877-379-2491. 

Best of luck! Hopefully that helps! 

- Allie 

I am trying yo login to LockdownBrowser but it is not letting me to login even though I am sure I put the tight ID and Password, could you plese help me fixing this problem?

These comments are posted to the global Canvas Community,

NOT your Canvas course.

• Have a question about using Canvas? Visit the Q&A page.
  • Have an idea to improve Canvas? Visit the Idea Conversations space.
  • Need to reply to a course discussion? Log in to your Canvas course and add your comment there (Tip: Visit your school's website to log in to Canvas).
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎04-03-2020 02:28 PM
Updated by: