How do I add Certifications to my profile?

If you have received any certifications you can add them to your Canvas Student ePortfolios profile. A certification can be a certificate, license, or assessment that certifies your knowledge or experience.

Open Profile

Open Profile

To open your profile, click the Me icon in the toolbar [1], and then click the View Profile link [2].

Add Certifications

Add Certifications

Click the Add Certifications link.

Note: If the Add Certifications button does not display on your profile, scroll to the Certifications section and click the Add More link to add certifications to your profile.

Add Certification Details

Add Certification Details

In the New Certification tray, enter the name of the certification [1], a description of the certification [2], and the date you received the certification [3].

To add hyperlinks in the description, use markdown formatting. Type the text you want to link in brackets [4] and then type the destination URL between parentheses [5]. There should be no space between the closing bracket and the first parenthesis.

To add an image for the certification, click the Add an image icon [6] and select an image from your computer or connected social media accounts.

When you have entered all your certification information, click the Save Changes button [7].

Note: The display order of your entries is determined by the end date of each entry in reverse chronological order. If two entries have the same end date, those items will be arranged alphabetically.

Attach Project

Attach Project

If you want to attach a project to the certification, select a project you have previously created [1] or click the Add new project link [2]. If you are adding multiple projects and want to customize the order in which they display, select the Arrange order toggle [3].

Save Changes

Save Changes

When you are ready to publish your certification, click the Done button.

View Certification

View the added certification.

To edit any of the certification details, click the corresponding Edit icon [1]. To add another certification, click the Add more link [2]. To move the Certifications section up or down in your profile, click the Up or Down Arrow icon [3].