How do I edit my user settings in Canvas Student ePortfolios?
When you set up your Canvas Student ePortfolios account, you will enter your basic information such as your full name, birthday, phone number, etc. You can update the information you entered as part of account creation in your user settings.
To open your user settings, click the Me icon in the toolbar , and then click the Settings link .
Edit Avatar and Cover Photo
To edit your avatar, click the Camera icon in your current Avatar icon. To edit your cover photo, click the Camera icon in your current cover photo .
You can upload a photo from your device, or select a photo from your linked social media accounts.
Edit Personal Information
In the personal information section, you can enter your basic personal information, including:
- Username : your username will display at the end of your profile URL. Most users customize their username to match their real name as closely as possible.
- First and Last Name : your first and last name, as you would like them to display on your profile.
- Birthday : your birthday. Please note that you must enter your birthday dates and year to save your profile, however, your birthday information is not displayed on your profile.
- Tagline : a short sentence about yourself.
- Phone Number : a phone number at which you can be reached.
- Gender : the gender you identify as.
In the availability section you can specify to employers if you are looking for an internship or job. Select the toggle which corresponds with your internship or job availability.
To save your user settings, click the Update button.