Filter by Label:

"I Am Enough" by Grace ByersDescription: The story follows a young girl who celebrates her individuality and affirms her self-worth through a series of empowering affirmations. Each page highlights different aspects of her identity, including her str...

Community Novice
Accessibility
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Top Three SEL-Friendly Books for Elementary Students"The Name Jar" by Yangsook Choi "The Name Jar" tells the story of Unhei, a young girl who has just moved from Korea to the U.S. On her first day of school, Unhei is worried about how her classmates ...

Community Member
Accessibility
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Accessibility is a necessary practice for ensuring our classrooms, courses and learning environments are inclusive to all learners.  As our educational offerings become increasingly diverse, and the concept of a ‘traditional student’ is broadened, th...

Instructure Instructure
Accessibility
  • 13 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For those of us that have been using Canvas LMS for a while, we can all agree that Canvas LMS has countless, and I mean countless amounts of resources for teachers, students and admins. They even have resources for Parents and Guardians!   However, o...

Community Coach Community Coach
Accessibility
:

Rich Content Editor Accessib...

• 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

According to the World Health Organisation and the World Bank, there are over a billion people in the world who are struggling with disabilities, and about 93 to 150 million of them are children? Reports further state that these individuals are 10 ti...

Community Member
Accessibility
:

Assistive Technology

• 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The UDOIT developer community has been putting a lot of work into making UDOIT 3 more capable, easier to install, more stable, and easier to debug.  Check out the highlights!

Community Champion
Accessibility
:

Canvas Accessibility Checker

Image Accessibility (Alt Tex...

UDOIT

Video Captions

Web Content Accessibility Gu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

JAWS is a commonly used accessibility screen reader and is one of the screen readers supported for use with Canvas. This post will discuss some basics of using JAWS with Canvas.

Instructure Instructure
Accessibility
:

Assistive Technology

JAWS

• 4 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the spirit of International Day of Disabled Persons on the 3rd December, read about tangible ways that Canvas can help you create accessible resources through a Universal Design for Learning (UDL) lens.

Instructure Instructure
Accessibility
:

Canvas Accessibility Checker

Document Accessibility

Image Accessibility (Alt Tex...

Video Captions

Web Content Accessibility Gu...

• 7 Likes
  • 8 Replies

This is the first official open source release of the "Next Generation" UDOIT! It has been completely rewritten from the ground up to make it easier and faster to use. It's also more extensible, so we can more easily add new accessibility checks and ...

Community Champion
Accessibility
:

UDOIT

• 2 Likes
  • 20 Replies

This is the final UDOIT 2.x release!  It contains a number of feature enhancements and bug fixes.  We're also changing the way we interact with the community.

Community Champion
Accessibility
:

UDOIT

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Coranavirus and trying to get caught up in my classes.

Community Member
Accessibility
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This release is focused on improving the user experience.  Cidi Labs contributed most of the code for this release in response to requests from their customers, and we are extremely grateful for this contribution.  If you are attending CanvasCon next...

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A few institutions have contacted me over the last few weeks regarding an error they receive when launching UDOIT in Chrome.  The full error is "Missing Session information. Please refresh the page. Missing: base_url".  Here's how to solve it. 

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I'm back with another bugfix release!  If you are able, it would be most helpful if you could update your QA or Testing instance of UDOIT to this version; the last few bugfix releases were made possible by institutions testing out the code in their u...

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This release fixes a number of issues, both new and old.  A huge thanks to escull‌ for figuring out so many of these.  If you've been having any trouble with tables, please test out this version and let me know if it your issues are resolved.Upgrade ...

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 0 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Most of the functions in Microsoft Teams have a slightly different Keyboard Navigation method than most functionality within Canvas. Microsoft Teams will primarily use the Tab key to move between a group of objects, and then from that group, use the ...

Instructure Instructure
Accessibility
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

With things changing and students transitioning to online classes from home, we want to ensure that they have the resources to learn and access content in Canvas.  The following offers alternative technologies users can utilize if they do not have ac...

Instructure Instructure
Accessibility
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This release fixes some bugs that were reported shortly after the release of 2.6.1  Thanks to  @janejump ‌ for discovering these!Download version 2.6.2 of UDOIT now! Please refer to the release notes for 2.6.0 for installation and configuration instr...

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This release fixes some bugs that were reported shortly after the release of 2.6.0.  I would like to thank Tulane University and Cidi Labs for discovering these issues and contributing solutions!Please refer to the release notes for 2.6.0 for install...

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is a critical update for any institutions that run UDOIT on a separate domain from their instance of Canvas, such as the LTI server being "lti.myuniversity.edu" and Canvas being "myuniversity.instructure.com".  This update needs to be applied to...

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 3 Likes
  • 23 Replies

This release is dedicated to the memory of Dana Danger Grey, a wonderful person and fierce proponent of accessibility.  Read more about Dana's life here.The main focus for this release is adding the "first draft" of the admin panel.  This interface i...

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 12 Likes
  • 32 Replies

I have always appreciated that Canvas takes accessibility seriously, as evidenced in their Voluntary Product Accessibility Template, community efforts and frequent mentions of accessibility in their release notes it is clear that accessibility of the...

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 9 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've written some accessibility tools for Canvas using JS, they're plug and play so you shouldn't need any programming knowledge to incorporate them into your own instance.See my original post in Canvas Admins:‌ Using JS to Add Accessibility Features...

Community Novice
Accessibility
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Fixes the following bugs:There was a typo in the migrations script (thanks  @tanners !) that would prevent reports from very old versions of UDOIT from transferring to the database.Special characters in page titles would break the "view source of thi...

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In my haste to release 2.4.0 before the holiday break, I forgot to include the changes I made to the "No closed captions found on media comment" error.  You can view the 2.4.1 release notes to download this version of UDOIT.Happy new year!

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are working on some larger features for the 2.5.0 release, but we wanted to get these out to you before the start of the new year.  Many of these features and bug fixes are a direct result of the conversations we've been having with people on the ...

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is a 1-page accessibility checklist that I designed for staff. I know it misses some things, but I have aimed to condense all the key points for staff to have a basic understanding of what their course needs to look it. If I had given some staff...

Community Member
Accessibility
  • 5 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This is a very tiny update that fixes an issue with false positives and Vimeo videos.  Previously, UDOIT was only detecting Vimeo videos embedded in an iframe because the URL was of the form "https://vimeo.com/player/########".  However, when you sim...

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Hi all. So, if you are/have attended InstructureCon 2018 and were able to attend the "Y'all Do It: Crowdsourcing Development of UDOIT" presentation, you already know about the UDOIT User Guide and about how you can contribute to it. For the rest of y...

Community Contributor
Accessibility
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Wait?  What happened to 2.3.3?  Well, I released 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 on the same day, so I figured I'd cut down on the clutter and do one post.  This one contains a fix for a pretty major bug in 2.3.2, so it's definitely worth upgrading.  As with every r...

Community Champion
Accessibility
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies