Canvas Instructional Designers Discussions

Canvas Instructional Designers questions and discussion forum

Hello-I have set up my courses (as Admin) so that students enroll in the course via email invite. I have not set a join code for any courses. One of my users (a teacher) has asked that I set a join code for her students because they have a Canvas acc...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We have created a survey quiz - using classic quizzes- and have a multitude of multiple dropdown questions. We are looking to analyze the variables in the dropdown menu.Here is one of our questions:Please indicate how much you agree with the followin...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It looks like settings for students commenting on announcements has changed. Previously there was a setting where students could not read comments until they first posted a comment. Is this no longer and option?Thank you

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Someone asked  in the new features area to be able to create due data for readings like assignments have due dates.There is a work around to do this by making a reading an ungraded assignment. This will add the reading with a due date to the calendar...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Context: I run a large scale apprenticeship with hundreds of users. Since i took over, ive essentially been doing what was thought to me.... copy a canvas course and assign people to it whenever i needed a new course. And i run 4 courses 4 times a ye...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

1. When teachers move an assignment to other courses, they only choose one course at a time. Is it possible to change this to allow multiple courses?  2. When the assignment is moved it is placed under the import for each class it is transferred to. ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My school uses Canvas and Panopto. The latter of which allows us to record our classes. Once posted, the class video may be accessed by students who click the Panopto link. That part works fine, both on the app and on the desktop.However, what I like...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

During the recent Canvas upgrade this summer, there appears to be some type of glitch that randomly adjusted my discussion settings.  Specifically, on about 2/3 of my discussions in each class- it has them listed as "Disallow threaded replies."  In t...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi! For my course we often ask questions that can be a little complicated for the simple helper functions available. Recently we had students convert numbers into binary and the function we wrote for that was hundreds of charcters long for a simple 8...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, Why does it say 'never' for all of my students in regard to Last Student Interaction. There is a current and final score therefore the students have participated... Please see image attached.   Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had 5 merged courses into 1 spanish course.I gained one class from TEACHER A (Zavala) and they gave one of my classes to TEACHER B.   Zavala's class that I gained now appears on my canvas dashboard. When I attempt to merge Zavala's class into my Sp...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good afternoon, Our first day of class began today, and we're having some strange bugs popping up. The latest one is something I can't seem to solve. A faculty member has some quizzes in their course, which are already published. Bizarrely, 2 of them...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have an instructor who would like to map her outcome to a group of assignments. Is this possible? For example, 15 assignments that are grouped and weighted under pronunciation. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If I (an instructor) upload a PowerPoint to my course, I (and my students) cannot download it. Usually, I upload a PowerPoint to a Module. It can then be accessed from the Module or from Files. However, if we try to download/export the PowerPoint, it...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Canvas has an option to make a file "only available to students with link" but does not explain how to provide a link to a student.Does anyone know how to provide a student with a link to a restricted file in the Files section on Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,   I have students grade each other's notebooks and have used Google Forms to collect their scores. I like using Google Forms because it creates an Excel spreadsheet, making it easy to transfer grades. How can I do the same thing in Canvas? Could ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a system-level or course-level way to disable student assignment comments in Canvas? To my knowledge and testing, faculty are not notified of these comments. Please let me know if there is a way to immediately notify faculty when a student p...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can I integrate a Webpage created in Canva into a Canvas page and include links that lead the user to assignments, modules, in the course?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As a building administrator, I need to be able to see all of a student's grades on a single screen; not each assignment grade, but the overall current letter or % grade.  Having to click from course to course is time-consuming and clunky.  In my help...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Hive Mind, I am told that Canvas has the basic functionality as Kami. I need my students to be able to write on PDF's and than resubmit them to me for grading. I for the life of me can not figure out how to do that. Does anyone have a quick how...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I am wondering as a course admin/instructor how to edit the URL of a page after it has been created. This page is part of a module. Thank you! 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

During my 3rd period Social Studies class today, my class opened their Canvas pages to view their online textbook from mcGraw-hill on their student Chromebook.  When the screen opened, only the math textbooks were showing on the screen, no Social Stu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a rubric with Criteria, ratings, and points.  I then created the assignment where students will submit the paper and added the rubric to the assignment.  As an instructor, I can see the details written in the ratings area which lists t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been requiring my students to do publisher's activities to reinforce the reading assignments in a intro level course. They do two a week and honestly - it seems like a lot. I would like to assign two a week for a total of 320 points but only r...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to import my courses from last year and they don't show in the drop down menu of choices of courses to import.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good afternoon,  I am working with a faculty member on trying to create an assignment that she said was easily doable in Bbl when we had that as our LMS last year. This group project involves groups of 3 students (she has 32 students total) producing...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,I hope you can provide a solution to this problem.I am adding new questions to a new Question Bank (classic) but it only saves a single question!It retains the last question I have saved to the Question Bank.It is extremely frustrating to lose tim...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If I build a quiz with question groups that pull from a quiz bank, can I continue to add questions to the bank and have them get pulled into the quiz via the question groups AFTER I've finished building the quiz? Or, do I need to have all the questio...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My school recently set a grading scheme at the Account level. It uses percentages. For faculty who use points that divide evenly like 1000, there's no problem. Canvas' grading scheme doesn't work well when entering a points grading scheme for faculty...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking to utilise an Accordion menu in my pages, however I am looking for a way to use the same menu in each page without having to copy the HTML code into each individual page... I used to be able to do this sort of thing using frames, but as ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies