Questions and some feedback

snugent
Community Champion

In the assignment enhancements document overview it states that external tools are supported but when I create an assignment with external tool, I see classic student view. I thought it may because the external tool assignments had been created earlier but when I created a new one I still saw the classic student view. Why does the documentation say its supported when it is not? 

I'm liking the changes I have seen for student view so far. However, in instructor view I feel there are few of these new features that need tweaking. 

Limiting Multiple attempts - This feature really needs moderation just like as with quizzes. This will be especially true for instructors who limit to one attempt. There will always be edge cases that will need additional attempts. 

Reassign in SpeedGrader - This is a useful feature however, I fear it will cause instructor/student confusion when an available until date is set. There is no way in SpeedGrader to see if an until date is set and there is also no way to change it in Speedgrader as well. So if an instructor reassigns an assignment with past until date and hasn't or doesn't differentiated the assignment for the student there will student/instructor confusion. At least warn an instructor that they will need to adjust dates for the student.