Remove "Deleted By...." from Discussions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea open for vote Wed. January 6, 2016 - Wed. April 6, 2016  Learn more about voting...

Hello,

I would like to revisit the archived idea Option to Remove "This Entry Has Been Deleted" in Discussions and open this back up with this new idea, such that the "Deleted by ...." message does not display when a post is deleted by the teacher. Leaving these messages pose an unnecessary clutter to the display esp. when an instructor uses the Student View for testing, unknowingly posts to a discussion, and then needs to clean up their evil doings prior to course activity. Students have no need to see these messages. At a minimum, perhaps the idea can focus on a redesign of the Student View tool so that the reset functionality removes discussions as well....?

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-02-18) 

46 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to  @shane_ohara  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @amber_hainline ,  @cwendt ,  @buellj ,  @robert_wakelyn ,  @hollandr ,  @hvaughn ,  @crafte , amberh,  @Beth_Young ,  @lindalee , jonwood,  @ccalderon , carmean,  @loceffmichael , kdoak,  @Jeff_F , & lisahistory for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas! Smiley Happy

amberh
Community Novice

Hello Renne, I followed your link but these notes didn't include any changes to Discussions. I did find notes in the most recent Production Release Notes though: Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-02-18)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

Wrong link!!!  So embarrassing!!!  🙂

jonwood
Community Novice

:smileygrin: Yay! Just waiting for it to be rolled out on my campus. Thanks for listening.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed