The ability to edit Global Announcements

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea will be open for vote May 5 - August 5 Learn more about voting...

It would be nice to also be able to edit a Global Announcement.  Currently If you mess up, you have to recreate the announcement instead of just going in and editing the misspelled word.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-04-02)

71 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is under consideration in the Canvas Studio: Global Announcements​ project.  For information and updates, please follow and bookmark the project document

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2016-03-21)

kmeeusen
Community Champion

AWESOME!

My office partner, Cindy, will be so happy. She takes care of our Global Announcments!

KLM

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yay!! This is huge for admins who do global announcements!

rshirley_teache
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Yahooo!!!! This is great news! I love the ability to send out a Global Announcement but on many occasions am wanting to make some small edits from time to time to keep those announcements current and accurate. My favorite thing is to embed a Google Slide deck with announcements for the school district, etc wherein a designated person in the district can simply update the Google Slides anytime they want IF they did not want to add a new Global Announcement. It is amazing!

See example google slide deck here: Welcome to Canvas K12 - Global - Google Slides

I use the Google Slide embed code to put it into the Global Announcement:

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Iv7LfNQ6MTmgRiuBI2Bx3XKIbJVxZf7wh-Hpp7kk154/embed?start=true..." frameborder="0" width="960" height="569" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

P.S. Will the RCE in the Global Announcement also include the HTML view?

Sylvia_Ami
Community Contributor

This is going to be very helpful. I looked at it in Beta and I noticed that I can change the text of the Announcement and who sees the announcement. But I can't change the announcement start and end dates. I looked at the Add a date to Global Announcement discussion but there isn't any mention of being able to edit the start/end dates after an announcement has been created.

Did I miss something? Was there a discussion about also being able to edit announcement start/end dates?

ejackson
Community Champion

This is will VERY useful for us! Thank you!

cms_hickss
Community Coach
Community Coach

I was very happy to see these changes!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I think (hope) there are some additional announcement features (like editing the date) that they are still working on. It's my understanding that they wanted to get what they did have done out for people to start using. Smiley Happy

zowada-a
Community Participant

Awesome!!!!