Adding media files to questions in question bank duplicates the file in course files

Jump to solution
itsjsprad
Community Member

I am an instructional designer and this was brought to my attention by a faculty member. Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but when I add a file (audio and video) to a question in a course question bank, the file itself appears to have duplicated in the course files under the uploaded media folder. I tried using a quiz bank being used in a quiz and I created a new question bank and both resulted in duplicated files. I achieved this by clicking into the question and using the record/upload media tool in the rich content editor. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @itsjsprad 

I was able to test this in my sandbox. I noticed that when you add a Video or Audio to a question within the bank, it does move the video to your uploaded media folder in the course files. However when I added it to a bank, it did not duplicate the video in the course files for me. unfortunately, I was not able to replicate this.  Do you know if the video was already added into the course files before you added it to the question in the bank? 

It might be a good idea to see if Canvas support can take a look at this to see if it is related to a known issue. i did not see anything post HERE about it. 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton

View solution in original post