How can I get students to see the Module tab?

Jump to solution
PatrickMartin
Community Member

I have created AND published modules for my course... However, when I go to student view, the "Modules" tab isn't appearing as an option for my students to click on in order to access the content. 

How can this issue be resolved? 

0 Likes
2 Solutions
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

Have you looked at your Course Settings?

Click on Settings in the Course Navigation Bar. Then look for the Navigation Tab. Make sure to "enable" Modules. Then you will need to click on Save at the very bottom of the screen.

If you have published Modules, then your students should see the word "Modules" in their own Course Navigation bar. 

Note: if you haven't published any Modules yet, you will see a crossed out eyeball next to the word Modules. The crossed out eyeball will go away as soon as you publish your first Module.

View solution in original post

chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

I think @PatrickMartin's screenshot somewhat reveals the problem with the tooltip text.  Rght now, while there are 2 module containers published there, there is still no actual content added anywhere in those modules, so the menu item will remain hidden to students.  Once a published item is added to one of those modules, the menu should appear to students.

-Chris

View solution in original post