Module prerequisites are NOT working

Jump to solution
maigan_campbell
Community Explorer

Hello!

I have made an asynchronous training in Canvas using the SCORM feature. I placed them in a module and included prerequisites of scoring a 100% for each part in order to move on to the next one. Unfortunately, some teachers are bypassing that, and I'm not sure how! It's showing lack of integrity on their part, but it definitely works when I go into 'student view'. Any quick help or solution would be appreciated!

I've attached an image of my setup and of a teacher's grades.

Maigan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @maigan_campbell 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with SCORM files and module  requirements. You're saying that the requirements and prerequisites work for the students, but teachers are bypassing it? Module requirements and prerequisites only apply to students, not teachers. Unless you mean students are bypassing it - in which case you may want to double check your requirements - are they complete, score at least, etc. Are they placed anywhere else in other modules? Are the assignments or quizzes tab visible to students so they can access  them outside of modules?

Also, your missing score in the photo is titled "College board proctor training" and the similar assignment in the other image  is titled "College board proctor" presuming that the training is simply cut off, and not a similarly titled assignment, you may just want to double check the things above. You  can also contact canvas support directly if you need assistance and they can look at the specifics.

Here is the Canvas guide:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-add-prerequisites-to-a-module/ta-p/1123 

View solution in original post