Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I accidentally created a student account instead of a parent account. Now, when I try to create a parent account with my email address, Canvas won't let me do so because it says the email address is already in use. How do I resolve this error?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I keep getting these two errors when I try to sync Canvas to PowerSchool.  What am I doing wrong?  Grade exchange job failed. Status in SIS: failed -producer_failure - 5d6d7479-e010-4aff-a2eb-938bf33c4370 - Non-retryable failure to process grades exc...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My college is no longer going to pay for access to Studio. How can I easily move the hundreds of videos I have in my Studio Library to Course Files or as Embedded Videos?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to separate only missing assignments in the Dashboard view or any other view in the application?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have published my course, but when I go to the "People" tab, there is no option to "Add People." This is what the guide says I need to do to add students... am I missing something?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am in the IT department and an admin for our school's Canvas account. An instructor informed me that students have been trying to contact instructors by navigating to the teacher's profile via the People list in the class. However, when either a st...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

"He creado un curso de 10 módulos. Quiero que 3 estudiantes tengan acceso a los 10 módulos, y que los otros 7 estudiantes solo tengan acceso hasta el módulo 4. ¿Cómo puedo configurar esto?"

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our participants or Students are not receiving email notification when new announcements are posted.  Any suggestions? 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I teach programming courses and get my students to upload files(.py, .cpp, .h) into Canvas for me to grade. When I am grading in SpeedGrader, it pulls up the files for some of my students and buffers (endlessly) for other students. Before anyone says...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I keep getting this error when I try to link a MasteryConnect Assessment to an existing Canvas Module:Uh-Oh!This assignment is already linked to a Mastery Connect assessment.There is no way that I can see to override this error.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I realize this has been discussed to an extent before, but I believe this should still become a feature. There are certain moments when it is convenient for the teacher to be able to do this. For instance, I published an assignment before realizing I...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In the past, when a student sent me a message in Canvas, I would get a copy of it in my work email. When I replied to it in my email (either by Outlook or by Apple Mail on my personal laptop), the student would receive the reply in Canvas, and my rep...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I've not seen this before but in the new school year that has started late last week, a few students are seeing not just their homework but homework assignments from other classes. I have confirmed with looking via Student View but can't figure out w...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Context: I run a large scale apprenticeship with hundreds of users. Since i took over, ive essentially been doing what was thought to me.... copy a canvas course and assign people to it whenever i needed a new course. And i run 4 courses 4 times a ye...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

This is not a question but rather a shout out to Canvas Support for going above and beyond helping one of our faculty. Tlhoriso M at L1 Canvas Support assisted one of our faculty and I got a copy of the interaction and the tech was very detailed and ...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! I began embedding my daily slides into Canvas using the plug-in tool and choosing Google Apps. I then select the file. The first time I did this, I was required to log in to authorize the connection to Google. I did and I can see the slides. U...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have disabled access to Classic Quizzes for our entire school as we want them to use New Quizzes. However, they still have the option to create and edit Question Banks, which are no longer useful because they don't work with New Quizzes. This has ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I am an AP-Literature teacher. My students will take the AP test digitally this year. College Board's platform for the test is called Bluebook, and for multiple choice questions, students have the ability to make answers they believe are incorr...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are having trouble importing a Canvas quiz shared from an different teacher. The import content report under current jobs shows completed, but it isn't showing in a module selected or in Quizzez. However, it only worked if downloaded as a zip file...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1. When teachers move an assignment to other courses, they only choose one course at a time. Is it possible to change this to allow multiple courses?  2. When the assignment is moved it is placed under the import for each class it is transferred to. ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My college just switched from Blackboard to Canvas. The attendance tool in Blackboard was one of the only things that I have found far superior to Canvas. Canvas does not have the option to mark absences as excused. I can add a badge to absences that...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Teh Collaborations tab in my course is disabled. How can I enable it?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can you save the progress on an annotated document. Students are losing their work if it is a 2 day assignment.  In the past, I have used Kami which automatically saves.  My district has blocked student access to Kami.   The annotator with Canvas...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone, Normally, our students receive the standard login page to create an account when accepting a course invitation for the first time, where they can choose a password and set their time zone. However, some students receive an error message ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!We've been working on a public Canvas page to advertise information for a school organization. Aside from those with teacher/TA permissions, the only way to see the course is with a direct link. I was wondering if there would be a way to allow ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I find assignments for students that transfer to another class?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i want all the assignment submissions to be included in a different subject (because it was an integrated subject set and the assignments are worth marks in both PE and Science).THis is so that I dont have to re-enter th e 180 marks from the PE assig...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to create a CSV, Word, or txt file to batch import numerical quiz questions. I found CSV and Word templates for multiple choice, that will then go through a QTI. But I have not found a similar template for numerical answers.

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello!I've tried every which way to print or then download and print my class syllabus on both Chrome and Microsoft Edge. It keeps pulling up only the one page that I'm on rather than the entire document. I've tried right-clicking to print as well as...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Not able to use Microsoft OneDrive integration tools very recently. Staff now get this message:   We've checked the cookie settings and nothing wrong with them. Problems seem to have arisen with the recent update of the Edge browser. Strangely, the ...

Community Coach Community Coach
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies