Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

We have roughly 28 users in a course in the free version of Canvas.  Since all students became active, we are experiencing extremly slow loading times.  Graphics sometimes don't load at all, and uploads take forever.  Everything is lagging.  Browser ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a class with 70-some assignments. I found this page that describes how to set the default grade to 0 for each assignment How do I set a default grade for an assignment?. Is there a way to do this for the entire class, so I don't have to go int...

• 7 Likes
  • 9 Replies

There is a Canvas course page for a large class I'm a TA for and I want to make some content visible only to student sections I'm teaching. I saw there's an option of making the content accessible only for students with a link but wouldn't that mean ...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Has anyone made a canvas emoji- are we allowed to do it? Would love to be able to do this. Any recommendations for an Emoji maker?

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a phone number for tech support?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you do a word count on a document submitted from a student on Canvas?  It was very easy to do on Google Docs, but I can't figure it out on Canvas.  

• 5 Likes
  • 11 Replies

When I record a video comment in SpeedGrader, I can't hear the audio track on playback. I can see my lips move in the video. When I try to talk to text feature to dictate a comment, the mic picks up my speech fine. When I play audio on my computer th...

• 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

If you want to add an image to a course card, can you remove the color overlay or are you stuck with it? Canvas help says you can remove it but I can't figure out how. 

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

what does the blue dot beside an announcement mean?

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

There are easily located directions for creating groups sets, editing them, and created and deleting groups. I could not find out how to delete a group SET, so I contacted Canvas chat. The agent directed me to the three dots next to the +GROUP button...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 20 Replies

I copied a course from one Canvas subaccount to another and got this error for one of the exams (actually, twice on the same exam). This is an old-school quiz, not quizzes.next.There are 120 questions on the exam: is there a way to know which ones ar...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to add formatted and colorized programming language code to pages in Canvas.  Anyone know of a good way to do that?   Everything I find online uses both js and CSS to do that.  Is there an LTI for such a thing?  I heard from Canvas support tha...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I am on Virtual Virginia trying to type a discussion question but I see no way of adding Spanish accents. The international keyboard doesn't work and trying any other way except physically copying and pasting the accented letter it doesn't work. How ...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I can type EX for EXCUSED in the grade book but can't figure out how to enter MISSING unless I click on status and choose missing for the status.Is there a shortcut?I have tried typing "m" and "M" and "Missing" etc.... but haven't found one yet.

• 13 Likes
  • 19 Replies

How do I delete old classes from last fall and spring semester off my canvas Dashboard so I can only see and focus on the classes I am currently enrolled in?

• 5 Likes
  • 9 Replies

A website called Creative Market is offering a free Creative & Minimalistic Character Maker. Joining the site is free. I don't know how long the offer is available for this particular product.The creator is Wilsonkjc. The zip file gives you the image...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We are set to use the Learning Mastery Gradebook this coming school year and will roll it out to our staff tomorrow.  We thought we knew most everything about it but just noticed that when we export the report we get 2 columns for each outcome: 1 for...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What would cause all of the past due assignments in my course to show up as missing even if they have been submitted and graded?In my gradebook, they are not marked as missing. They show a submission and have been graded. In the student's canvas acco...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

My son is a freshman in high school and is having intermittent problems with assignments not submitting correctly in canvas. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. He usually uploads PDF's of assignments, occasionally a video. Sometimes he gets an...

• 2 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Hi everyone, When I import a Blackboard Archive zip file into a Canvas course, the files all end up having the same creation date. Is there a way to keep the date of the actual creation to keep some order? Many thanks!

• 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We agreed to a date and time. He wants me to put the invitation on his calendar. How do I do that using Office 365?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd love to hear about designing a course with a lot of videos in each unit. I'm trying to avoid the scroll of death (which would happen if all the videos were placed on one page) but also I don't want to be disorganized and have the videos strewn ov...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 23 Likes
  • 16 Replies

How do I convert Power Point slides to Canvas?

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I need to create a way for students to collect a number of bi-weekly writing assignments in a private journal, or logbook, or portfolio.The complete collection of assignments will eventually be graded, but they will not necessarily be read or marked ...

• 8 Likes
  • 10 Replies

In Speedgrader, is there a way to shrink the size of the rubric? In order to see my entire rubric and the place to leave qualitative remarks, I have to move the rubric screen so far to the left that it shrinks the student submission until it's nearly...

• 36 Likes
  • 43 Replies

Is there a way to scroll through several assignments of a single student in speed-grader? I would like to easily compare student progress over time. Currently, I am opening a student's work in speed-grader, then going back to the gradebook and openin...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

What is the best FREE Plagiarism Detection Tools for elearning Professionals please?

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

My announcement notifications showing up in my email are in Spanish.  My language preference is correctly set to English.  How can I change it back to English.  I have no idea why this started happening....

• 3 Likes
  • 16 Replies

I am attempting to import questions from a Question Bank in a previous course in to an ITEM BANK in a new course. So, basically I want to update all my quizzes from the old Quizzes to the new Quizzes.Next.What I've come up with is to create a new qui...

• 19 Likes
  • 14 Replies

How do I add a Case Study?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies