Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I'm having a tough time getting Canvabadges to work right. Is anyone having any luck with any of the other 3rd party badging apps or have an idea of how I add the javascript to Canvas to make the badges viewable? I'd like users to be able to see thei...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

We are currently piloting Canvas, and all of my instructors are looking for a feature that we had grown to rely on in Moodle, and I am having no luck trying to replicate it in Canvas. Hoping someone here might have a suggestion or idea. For all cours...

• 6 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In working with Canvas Support about a permissions issue (I was trying to remove the masquerading privileged from a sub-account admin), it was brought to my attention that, "The reason that this "Become" option is showing up for you when it should no...

Community Coach Community Coach
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Thanks to  @millerjm ​ we just noticed that our TAs have gained access to items that they did not have before and that Teachers still do not have access to.We have the following setting turned off for TAs:Change course stateOn the Course Settings Pag...

• 8 Likes
  • 18 Replies

This is a fun one! Background:I had an instructor tell me that she set her quiz to "Show Correct answers at" a specific time, but that students were able to see their correct/incorrect answers before that time. This didn't sound right, so I tested it...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Anyone out there have Premier/Tier 1 support from Instructure for your institution?  If so, how did you integrate it with your existing user support system?  Any tips to get the best bang for your buck with this service?  Any pitfalls that others sho...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to embed an already existing Wix site into Canvas?

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

When a page is printed (either to PDF or paper), any internal course links display the source of that link. I can see this as being great for accessibility purposes and knowing the source of those links, but can cause formatting issues when trying to...

• 11 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hi all,Since the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2015-12-28), which will be in place this Saturday, our beta instance doesn't work as expected. For some reason when I use the Theme Editor to pick colors when I click the Preview button the colors revert ba...

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello!We're fairly new to Canvas, and have installed an LTI tool for What Do You Think? course evaluation. Having installed the LTI tool we get a message saying our institution isn't configured. We contacted their support and they have said it's some...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have a faculty member who wants to use the rubric as a self-evaluation tool  for her students, but they don't have access to rubrics in Canvas. Any ideas on an online solution that would work in the same way? It can be within Canvas or an app.TIASt...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey Admins!  We noticed a change and I'm not sure when it took place.  Our first term on Canvas was Fall 2015.  We spent a lot of time figuring out how to configure our term dates and student access/participation settings to have it work how we neede...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 21 Likes
  • 37 Replies

According to the Canvas Production Release Notes for Jan. 9, 2016, students' enrollment types can now be set to "inactive." In the SIS Import Format documentation, enrollment status can only be set as active, deleted, or completed when using SIS impo...

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anybody heard of a way to temporarily turn hosted Canvas "OFF" for local admin maintenance purposes (like a custom page users would see when under maintenance that we control).  I envision this as something in the Admin settings and we would use ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi All,I am trying to create a new role that will give a facilitator the ability to view all student submissions (assignments, quizzes, discussions) but not have the ability to grade the rubrics associated with them. I am not sure how to do that in t...

• 6 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Initially, there is a course created in Semester 1 and Terms is set to Semester 1. Semester 2 will start soon and just received notification from the teacher that the course is for 2 semesters (i.e. Semester 1 & Semester 2).The teachers want the cont...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have attempted to copy a document from microsoft word directly into a canvas page. The microsoft document contains a Wordle document which won't paste into the canvas page. Anyone have any suggestions? The workaround which I did was to save the wor...

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi All,I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!  Quick question-I want to embed a thumbnail photo gallery in a page (or something similar).  Can someone steer me in the right direction on how to do this?  Thanks in advance!Cheers,Nicole

• 11 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm new to Canvas and need clarification about managing (1) personal files and (2) course files. Is "restrict access" the only way to prevent students from accessing personal files? How do I create a folder only intended for student use, such as Cour...

• 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know the cost of the Canvas Catalog? We would like to generate certificates - is there another way to do this within Canvas? We also have an ESL program that contains multiple courses - is there a way to generate a cumulative grade for al...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to see how many hits or views a specific Page in a course has?

• 12 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I tried to customized the Help menu by adding in a link through "Settings" >> "Custom links to include in the help dialog popup". And this new link appeared as the "third" one among the 5 links in the popup menu. I want to move it to the "first" pos...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am interested in displaying total points in a final course grade. I would prefer if percentages are not displayed. Is there a way to display only total points and not percentage points?Thank you for any input!

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

What is the purpose of the People tool? Is this similar to Class Roster?

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to export individual question banks as separate files, rather than exporting specific quizzes and/or the entire course? Thank you.

• 12 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi,Is there a way to email or reminder to all pending instructors who we already created accounts and courses for them but they never log in to claim the courses?Thanks

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,- Where can I enable recurring calendar option so it will show the REPEAT option when I create a EVENT?- According to the manual it will show under the date and time, here is my screenshot and I can't find a place to turn that feature on.- My Sett...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Someone already created some Sub Accounts ( Departments) in our Canvas Portal, and here is my question:- Can I find out what that account_id is so I can add that line to my account.csv file? - When creating sub-account in UI, there is no way to add t...

• 5 Likes
  • 10 Replies

We are planning our first semester in Canvas next summer, and are working through some of the options available in SIS imports.  I have been struggling to determine a protocol for applying the short_name (aka Reference Code, aka Course Code) and long...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I'm trying to use the equation editor to enter systems of equations, piecewise defined functions or matrices.  The editor doesn't seem to allow more than one line per equation.  Can anyone give me a method of using the equation editor to do this.  Th...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies