Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

All,Maybe I'm missing something, but as I see it now, students cannot see details / feedback on older versions of an assignment submission.  Consider the following test case:1) Test Student - submit assignment2) Instructor - grade assignment 3) Test ...

• 6 Likes
  • 7 Replies

In canvas I'm now missing my Math tab under courses. Why would it be gone? I haven't been able too see any of my grades for my summer course I just took my final in 3 days ago. Please help

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Help a future Admin searching for the top 20 things they should know when they jump into Canvas head first!We're excited that they have an amazing group like you, but we are also interested in providing them a Getting Started guide likeGetting Starte...

• 11 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Not the easiest to explain...but how would one get the content on a page to shrink relative to the entire page?Say you have a header with text and a video embedded.  When you "restore down" or otherwise shrink the page by grabbing a corner and pullin...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I didn't get a comment on the actual Production Release page, but I was curious if anyone else saw this:Grades and Concluded Grading PeriodsWhen the multiple grading periods feature is enabled, instructors cannot assign or edit grades for an assignme...

• 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to change the background color on a page?  I have tried HTML code & it doesn't work.

• 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,For my class I am hoping to use a threaded discussion board so students can post responses to initial prompts (call this a post), and then also respond to their peers' responses (call this a response). A student might make both a post AND a res...

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

A few questions about organizing terms and data storage:How many terms on average are active/fully available (vs read-only) in your production instance at a time?How long on average do you tend to leave a given term active in your production instance...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our group is looking to implement Canvas and come up with best practices on interface design.  Does anyone know if Canvas has conducted any user experience testing on course designs?I saw the following, but wanted to see if there was any more Canvas ...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Have any of you dealt with questions from faculty concerned about grades going out via email, text, twitter, etc. and the possibility that this violates some aspect of FERPA?Heidi

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hi all,On the Hidden Canvas Permissions thread there was some discussion of sharing permission structures that work for people. I don't want them to get lost on the other thread, so I thought we could start this place to compare notes and give new ad...

• 9 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Is there a list of the current issues with various browsers? I've seen the guide regarding browsers (Which browsers does Canvas support?​) but about 75% of our user problems derive from browser issues. Firefox works the best, and we've had no problem...

• 11 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I'm looking for ideas for an assignment in which students post videos describing a potential group project & then students vote on the projects to create a top 5 list. The idea is to replicate a formerly in class activity in the online environment. E...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am totally clueless. I hit add as the FRONT PAGE and I really didnt want it to be the page people are directed to and that comes up first in pages?can anyone help?

• 9 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We finally got the go ahead to create the integration with TurnItIn LTI. We followed all the instructions on Help Center site but we keep getting this error when setting up an assignment. Any ideas? Deactivated user​. Looping Deactivated user​ in thi...

• 5 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to change the subtotals in the grade book (created through assignment groups) be changed from percentage to points?

• 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi,Received a strange error while previewing a quiz after importing a simple canvas package. the message says - This question was imported from an external source. It was a '' question, which is not supported in this quiz tool. The canvas package was...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello all,I am hoping that you can give me some ideas here, or at least alleviate my fears.Situation:We only add students in our SIS to CanvasWe use an LDAP system for authentication and only users in our SIS is in the LDAPAssessment department wants...

• 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I received the following error when importing the Sections into the courses.  I have looked at the guides and cross-checked my csv file with the sample and I cannot find the error in the file. Here is the error that I am receiving "no course_id", how...

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Hey everyone,I'm not sure if this is the appropriate section for this (I cross-posted with Canvas Developers), but I'll just put it out there.We're trying to deploy the open source version of Canvas on Heroku. It seems that others (in the Google grou...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone tried to come up with some sort of basic Admin Console to hold all of their various web-based API tools?  For example, you have a web-based tool that looks up instructors-by-term or another tool that looks up how many courses have been pub...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Greetings,How can I add someone as a teacher/TA to multiple courses at once? or by the same token, have Teacher/TA access to a swath of courses? I can imagine that making a sub-account would take care of it. My institution is new, however, and is squ...

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

After support responds to a ticket, but does not fully resolve the issue, I believe the status goes to "pending." When there's a bit more info on an issue or I'd like a bit more information, I've often needed to somehow get the attention of support s...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey everyone,Is it possible to set an entire course as a prerequisite for other courses?I know this can be done at the Module level, but we'd like to implement it at the Course level.Thanks!Chris

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How have you set up elementary courses in your school? I am having trouble seeing how the grade books could be set up to make this work. Does anyone have any experience with this?

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How did you set up the grade book for elementary teachers teaching multiple subjects in one course? I would like to know if any schools have found a way to do this successfully.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to embed a Remind widget into my course page.  I go to the HTML Editor and paste the code they gave me:<script src="https://widgets.remind.com/iframe.js?token=3d3bfc90e5d3013277eb3f9249bd17cc"></script>When I save it, the page is empty.  ...

• 13 Likes
  • 17 Replies

How long do you keep users in Canvas after a course is concluded? I'm doing some admin work at the high school level and most of the users in Canvas have graduated. Should I get this cleaned up before uploading new users?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Everyone,I am trying to embed a Microsoft 365 document into a "Page." I have the LTI for OneDive activated and turned on. The only time the document appears is when I have another window open with that window logged into my OneDrive account. If...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello All!I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm posting this question in the wrong group:-) I need your genius. How do I change (gve permission) for a regular user to a course teacher. I want them to be able to create their own courses and handle ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies