Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi All! I am running into an issue that probably has an easy solution. Our faculty are running sessions with students and mentors and each week the mentors fill out a standard form and provide that feedback to the students. This does not count toward...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do i make the announcement i create active?  how do  make my whole course section active ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I create a course in Canvas?  I do not see the box that says create course.Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a limit to folder size on Canvas?  I seem to be hitting it without knowing any limit.  Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need to bring and Publish a Canvas course from last year so I can edit and reuse the course for 2023? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to load a photo to my profile, and it will not load.  It is stuck saying "loading image".  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am transitioning from another LMS to Canvas. First of all, I LOVE that canvas has built-in quiz question formulas for mean, median, combinations, permutations, and more. Can you also include an option for standard deviation? That would make my life...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I need to view my student names in grading, so I can input their scores.  Only the testing student is appearing under grades.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i CHANGE THE NAMES OF ASSIGNMENTS? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was marking a final exam with 30 submission, question by question, saving grades entered in the rubric as I went. Came back the next morning to find all info wiped except comments in bottom comment area. Facing two days lost work and missed deadlin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am using New Quizzes, but do not see a "Duplicate" option next to Graded Surveys.For context: I am trying to create a survey that begins with the same three questions every week (hence the "duplicate" function). I want students to automatically rec...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi there I need to share my badgr link that includes badges I earned from my course at The Career Academy. Badgr is a great idea - but two days ago the images were there fine and yesterday and today some of the badges have an exclamation mark there. ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I restore or retrieve. Please assist

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to create a quiz for Spanish 2H in which the students will listen to my question, have up to 30 seconds to answer, hear a sound that tells them that time is up and the next question is coming.    My problem is that I have all the recordings do...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wondering whether the late submission deduction policy on Canvas gradebook applies to the sync scores from MyLab assignments. If so, how does Canvas determine the submission time of the work?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All my assignments are locked and i am unable to do them but, i need to do them to make sure i am not kicked out of the class.@SonjaHamlin  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All my assignments are locked and i am unable to do them but, i need to do them to make sure i am not kicked out of the class.@SonjaHamlin  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,If I have a specific HTML Snippet that needs to be on every course Home Page in Canvas, is there a way to save it or create a 'Super Snippet' which can be reused instead of copying the code repeatedly? And if there is, how do you add it to the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

0My best student earned a 10 on several quizzes but it recorded the number as a zero.  Other students had similar issues.  There is no due date. Others got the correct score.  I'm not sure what to do or why it happened.  I tried adding fudge points.....

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello! My semester just ended and two of my classes are missing from my courses (both current and past courses) lists. I didn’t drop the courses, and I still get push notifications on my iPad when I get any notifications, but I can’t view the courses...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My browser was okay before, but not it is saying it is out of date. I believe I just downloaded the newest version on Chrome, but I am still getting that pop-up message. Can you please help?Also, recently when trying to access Portage on my Android p...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Fiquei meio confuso com a qualidade dos arquivos de mídia do canvas, eu li que ao fazermos o upload de um vídeo o canvas faz uma conversão do mesmo, e quando acesso o mesmo o player do canvas tem a o seletor quality usando kbps, ao pesquisar sobre kb...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have 5 Canvas sections under a particular course #. I am working with a few people in each section, NOT all of them.How can I post information to these particular few? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All other students see the content but one student does not see that content under the assigned area.We have updated the Chromebook OS and still, we have the same problem.Any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i am trying to resolve an issue for one of our teachers. An entire Module disappeared first from her Sandbox course and some time later from her actual published course. Why would this happen? All the other Modules seem to be unaffected. I tried the ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

One of our instructors uses a list of links to course files in each module.Many of these are .jpg or .png files, but he's created them as links to course files, not as image > display as text link. In the last three terms (since we started using Canv...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do I contact students in a class I am teaching using the class list present on Canvas? Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On your computer, open a presentation in Google Slides. At the left, click the slide you want to duplicate. If you want to duplicate multiple slides, hold the Shift key and click them now. Right-click and select Duplicate slide.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Several teachers have synced their grades to synergy from Canvas, and the grades on synergy are slightly off- resulting in some of the students getting a different letter grade than what is on Canvas. All of their settings are correct, and everything...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello there!When I go to the All Courses page for my account, I would like the ability to resize the table so I can see what the Term says.  Currently I cannot see what the Term says and it would make my life so much easier if I could actually read w...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies