Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Where is Student Analysis now? With the previous view, I went to the specific quiz, then Quiz Statistics and then Student Analysis. I don't see these options with the new view.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I see many posts about how the Grade Posting Policy is set to Automatic by default. I also see many people asking that this be something  we can change at an admin level.I am looking for the WHY  of this policy. My staff are asking for the logic behi...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I created an S3 bucket, then tried to create a file share using the provided role from the dropdown of the Canvas AWS Lab. The file share status remains as "unavailable" and I'm not able to copy files to the mounted volume. 

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello. Last semester my students used Canvas with no issues. This semester we are using the same Canvas, but they cannot reply to my discussion posts. They are logged in. I have not closed comments - comments are open. I don't understand why they can...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I am in unit setting and view marking scheme and manage it, it shows I have more then 10 schemes, not only in one unit but also in others units. but I never set them before.However, when I get in to marking schemes at admin setting, there has on...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have tried lodging a ticket with the Canvas helpdesk, and have also tried calling their Australian offices, but to date have never heard back from them.Is anyone able to suggest another way of contacting them?  We have an issue which is affecting t...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My Canvas course is just one week in duration. It is an orientation type of course that prepares adult learners for remote learning. Both Discussions and Assignments are used in the course. My problem is that student submissions accumulate week after...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I believe the best type of questions for the "Questions and Answers Forum" are general questions that can be easily answered by utilizing the help of others. When posting in canvas you can ask questions directed towards others who have similarly appr...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to use Big Blue Button to record my screen and give student feedback. The problem I am having is that I can playback the video just fine after the recording ends—video and audio are perfect.However, when I download it, the audio goes away.Plea...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

A student says "the computer says I got a zero but I didn't take the quiz".  How can I check?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I was an undergrad, one of my English professors set up his quizzes the following way:Quizzes were worth 10 pointsEach question was worth 2 pointsThere were six questionsFrom the above, you can see there were 12 points possible on a 10-point qui...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi, I just took an online quiz on Canvas which was supposed to be closed-book/closed-notes. I didn't realize I had another Canvas tab open which I had opened a couple of nights ago and forgot to close, in addition to the one where i was taking the qu...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are my test answers are not saving?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been having this problem with all my classes and all of my assignment uploads. I am not able to submit any of my assignments through Google Drive even when Google has both been authorized on my Canvas account and the file type is specified by ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have allocated 32 groups in a cohort, each with 3 or 4 members. How can I efficiently have class members self establish a numbered discussion group inside the Canvas Discussion menu function?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I kindly found a couple equation editor bugs.. Any fix to keep automatic altering code out of my face?I am trying to type:I_init subscripting the init. It changes it to greek and adds a space and won't let you edit by typing. result below. If you del...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Recently, I have modified our SCORM packages so that once a student goes through all the content of the package, the status is supposed to stay as open, allowing for free navigation of the content. I modified the code in the SCORM package. Several we...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We have a "Major Assessment" calendar that all the teachers have access to so they can see what other tests, quizzes, etc. are due on certain days.  I have a new teacher on campus that I want to add to this calendar and the person that traditionally ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are integrating SIS with Canvas and the plan is to have user portrait images populate from SIS to Canvas.Is there a Canvas-wide admin setting that restricts students from changing their profile image?If not, then is there an alternative method tha...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

why i cant able to login with my goggle account 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, An error occurred when I tried to insert a video from the Course Files.When I press F12 to view the error information, I receive the following notification:api.js:507 GET http://rce.example.com:3000/api/session net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVEDLink i...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Has anyone integrated Lottie animation files within Canvas?https://lottiefiles.com/what-is-lottie 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I manually mark an assignment as "Late", that late status is cleared when the student resubmits the assignment.  I would like my original "Late" status to remain...if the first one is late, the second one is late too.  Is there a way to keep the...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Instructor question -- In navigation settings, I have the Gradebook hidden.  However, I have learned that students can still see their grades on assignments when they are viewing the "Syllabus" tab unless I have hidden each individual assignment as w...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi I'm a new student and am somewhat apprehensive. I've chosen this course because I have a desire to learn IT skills.  Cyber Security looks interesting. As I've looked over the course work I find there are manyqualities IT skills to choose.   I'm ea...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once I click on the little red symbol which shows that the file is 'only available to students with link', I try to click on publish and save, but it keeps reverting back to the same 'only available with link' setting. The file is located in the Fil...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an issue where I need to make a Zoom recording visible to just one student, who had an excused absence that day. I uploaded the zoom recording mp4 to files, but there is no way to link to it in an individual within canvas message, and it's too...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

For students who have missed in-class lab quizzes, I create a makeup version of the lab quiz in canvas. This make-up is only assigned to the students who missed. I just wanted to know if all students would see this quiz or only students assigned the ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This might be an oversight on my part but, I can't find the option to allow students see the group sets created by the course instructor. The instructor creating the group sets can see them as tabs. However, the students in the classroom only see one...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Please,Do you know what happened? How can this be prevented?See image. Thanks! 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies