Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

What is the vacation policy of when your going on a vacation during the school year ?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why does PowerPoint sometimes show the entire slide and sometimes only show part of the slide? See attached images. Thank you for your help!      

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In a Canvas quiz, I would like the ability to set the quiz to one question at a time, but to have two short answer fields in a single question. Use CaseIt's pretty simple, the first field will be where the student responds to the set question. The se...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi,I'm using the external tool - matlab grader.The student can take the matlab quiz, hits submit, but then gets an error "Canvas Gradebook cannot be reached"(I get this error with a real student and the canvas fake student view)Any thoughts?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good eveningI would like to find out how to check if I have done a quiz. There have been so many surveys and quizzes that pop up and cant keep track. I remember doing some but when scrolling down to see if I have answered it, my name does not pop up ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

i have this bug where i cant text other fellow mates (not teacher and helper a.k.a adults) I cant text with other students!!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I logoff of CANVAS and recall the login page, my username and password are still in the window.  I want them to be blank when I log back in.   

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Colleagues, Although I have been through this migration many years ago and under different circumstances, I'm back at another institution that is considering a switch from Blackboard Classic to Canvas. There are options for migration from Instructure...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I am writing a quiz in Canvas, I am having an issue that random sentences of text are faded.  I copy and paste the question and answers from a Google doc.  There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for the faded text.  But, it occurs by line.  ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to set up permissions so that teachers can access a Blueprint course and pull information as desired, instead of having content pushed out to all connected courses?We are in the infancy of rolling out and a common structure for content...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

This is an issue one of our teachers is facing. Below is the description of the issue - a bit complicated so I will do my best to be clear.The teacher saves a file in Course Files. The file then is hyperlinked in the relevant part of the course. The ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi All,I have a SCORM package developed in Captivate. Everything works as planned but we recently found that if a user re-attempts the score resets to Zero. It doesn't preserve the previous attempt as with the normal quizzes (built-in).

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why are some of the green checkmarks indicating published assignments within a module now lightened (lighter green than others)? This is a new development. What does the lightening mean? I'm attaching a screenshot to show the difference between the c...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I found that when I include a semi-colon in the body of an add_message request, Canvas truncates the message body at the semi-colon. Is there a way to escape or encode the semi-colon so the body doesn't get truncated?Are there other special character...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When trying to sync my grades to SIS in the past I have always had access to every assignment that I have published and marked to sync - so that way when students turn in work late, I can re-sync the grades. Now when I go to sync it only shows me two...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We use the quiz feature for students to answer a series of Written Questions. I would like to download and save the student responses on their academic file. I can work out how to download their assignment submissions but is there a way to do this fo...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been in Chile on a mission with my husband and now I am trying to use canvas on my US phone and I don't know how to do it.  My phone here has canvas on it but it says I am not registered for any classes.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am wanting to utilize the Canvas integration to pull assignments to my portfolio. However, I am wanting the Canvas assignments to be combined into one (1) large project. For example, I have a paper, a practicum log, a reflection, and some extern...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Whenever I am using the library search database ProQuest, the page prompts me to accept cookies (screenshot attached).  Even when I "accept all" it will still prompt after every page loads or re-loads.  It also does not matter which computer I use, o...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I copied my Summer 22 course to my new Summer 23 course. For some reason all the replies from the previous course came along with the discussions. I want to delete all of those past replies OR copy all of the discussions without the past replies from...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way for canvas to automatically grade an essay question? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Has anyone used either of these instructions, or some other process, to complete a bulk import of student profile photos? https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Developers-Group/How-to-bulk-load-and-update-avatar-profile-pictures-with/ba-p/410101 ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you add Drag and Drop Google Slides to assignments?  I need the students to each have their own copy and to be able to move the items on the page. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using the multiple dropdown feature in Canvas quizzes to run a survey for students. When I export the survey results using "student analysis," the order of the dropdown items is scrambled within each question. For example, if the dropdown items a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Is it possible to change the course navigation's "People" tab to say "People/Groups"? How can it be accomplished with CSS/Javascript? Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to customize and rename the default submission types? The built-in options are Online, No Submission, On Paper, or External Tool. Obviously "on paper" and "no submission" accomplish the same thing, but "on paper" indicates that student...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is it possible to edit grades to an unpublished assignment? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like Canvas to add a feature allowing instructors to see an access report for entities such as assignments, announcements, and rubrics. Currently, we are able to see individual student access reports to determine if a student has accessed a g...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies