Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hola,¿Alguien podría decirme como hago para descargar un video que se ha subido previamente a un curso?He intentado buscar el video en los archivos del curso, con usuario de ADMIN pero no puedo localizarlo, ¿Alguien puede ayudarme?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Make sure the 2 below scenarios are right in your file: if you are using fonts locally, make sure the font is uploaded and path is correctly linked to it. If you are calling font from web url, make sure the path is correct or the site is opening the ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Necesito que alguien me explique cómo configurar una tarea (task) en Canvas para que se califique menos si la entrega es tardía.Gracias.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have an instructor that needs to remove questions from a quiz which students have already taken. None of the regrade options are applicable as the instructor wants the question removed (10 questions with 2 to be removed). If we remove the que...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello,When I try to create a new page, I get this message:Failed to Create New ItemIs there a fix for this?James

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello everyone. I've been trying to figure out why I cannot play student-submitted videos which are formatted in a Canvas-supported video format in a web browser such as Chrome or Safari, but they play fine in my Canvas Teacher app on my iPhone.I sta...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I find (any) file (where I know part of the title and/or content) I have used in an old course but do not know where and when?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-25-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Dear Canvas support,I would like to report that when I try to edit the assignments and put grades in one of the assigned classes (7BH), it doesn't work and gives me the message that the page is unresponsive and I either have to wait or leave the page...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have exactly one student in our course who never gets the full text we send out via Canvas, be it assignment instructions or emails; we are talking short texts here, less than 3,000 characters.Any idea what the issue could be? It works perfectly f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, when I open my canvas my dashboard is blank. When I click on any of the side tabs nothing happens, the only tab that works is my messaging. I cant see any courses or assignments and I can't even access my own account profile.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Course Navigation Menu (i.e. the three lines/hamburger icon) is missing from a student's Canvas. They are unable to access assignments, modules etc. They are able to see it on the Canvas app but not in the web browser. They are using Chrome and h...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There are some courses I have completed that are not showing up on the "All Courses" menu of my Canvas. Is there a reason that would not show up? I am hoping that course counted towards my completion!Thank you.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have several issues with new quizzes.1. Changes the orders of my questions when I am trying to keep a Word document test blueprint, so it takes forever to search for questions, even when using ctrl + f52. I have been waiting for 29 hours for quiz s...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,I help administer Canvas at my institution.We do not allow faculty the ability to "Create a New Course".Is there a way we could add a button to their profile that would automatically create a Sandbox Course?Thank You

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello:Once we complete the Canvas' Maryland Heath and Safety course, unless you download the certificate immediately, there is NO PREVISIONS to download/print your course certificate later after course completion, notwithstanding the fact that this c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We would like to enhance notifications for a client course by having repeat notifications sent to teachers until the submission upload is graded. Is this possible, or something similar?Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-28-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am new to Canvas and come here from Moodle. Unlike Moodle or MyOpenMath (and most other quiz systems, I think) Canvas does not allow questions in quizzes to be submitted individually or one at a time. It seems essential for assignments or any learn...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi,I have a Canvas room with a total of 72 students. Some of the students (the ones passing the last assessment) are ready for some lab work. It is 40 of the students who are ready for the lab. I want them to join two-and-two in lab-groups, but only ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I disable the App Centre so Teachers do not add lots of apps that are not required at the minute and may also need configuration to work!?!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was always able to copy and paste additional comments in speedgrader but suddenly it is not possible. Keyboard shortcuts also do not work, Windows clipboard also does not work. How can I rectify this problem please?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi thereI have an assignment that requires students to submit a word document. When I download all submissions as a zip file, Canvas adds a prefix to each word document file name. e.g. it will add "studenttest_127_10280". The issue we have with this ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

In SpeedGrader, if a PDF file is submitted with a very large page size (i.e. the physical page size in inches/mm set in the PDF header), then SpeedGrader is not able to zoom out far enough to see the entire page. The "-" zoom button becomes grayed ou...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This is an urgent matter, some students have disability and apparently Canvas does not accommodate students with disability.I need to allocate more time for students with disability on homeworks and quizzes. Can you show me how to do that. I will hav...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I find all courses with setting "Visibility" set to "course"?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I assigned a quiz to be completed during the holiday. But none of the students can open it.On my end, it is definitely published.Why do they see this error message?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I understand that the free for teacher course storage limit is 500mb, but do student submitted assignments and files count toward that limit?If an assignment requires a video submission, lets say 100mb and 10 students submit, that would exceed 500mb ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Is there an easy way to select certain students out of a class and only view their assignments in the gradebook? I use the search student function, but if I go from that list I made and select an assignment for a student and then into speedgrad...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Canvas how do you give one student an extra point to their overall grade?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all,I am learning how to use Canvas through the 'Growing with Canvas' course. I just need to know about notifications. If I change notifications from my user profile does this change any settings for anyone else using the course? Or does it just c...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies