Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Help!  My assignment submission deadline is tomorrow and while I can log into Canvas I can't do anything.  I get to the landing page and when clicking on any of the icons nothing happens.  The dashboard icons are just blank squares that flash.  I tri...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor and I assign video quizzes for my classes. The students have 1 attempt per video quiz. If they end up retaking the course, their 1 attempt is carried over (it appears to be linked with the video quiz itself and not the semester or ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to import a QTI publisher file into Canvas as a testbank. During the import step it asks for either the Default Testbank and then shows a drop-down with existing testbanks, or it asks for a new testbank name. Neither of these options ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I turn off homeroom mode on computer as a student? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how can i acces my canvas, its not showing my subjects 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have an access code to join a group in canvas where do I go to add that group in canvas ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We would like to provide live feedback to students as they are working on a Google assignment. Is there a way to provide students with support before they submit a Google assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

According to a lot of the resources I'm seeing, it looks like online classes are becoming taxable in several states. Does the Instructure community have a plan to compensate for these new laws or any integrations they recommend to move towards paying...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Two students have not received the email from Canvas to join the course. The course is Published and Canvas says the email has been sent, but students have not received it. I am the instructor. Yes, we have checked their spam and trash folders. For t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a class that is cross listed. When I perform the grade sync I can see the assignment, but the grade does not sync. How can I see the grade and the assignment?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

One of our faculty members is attempting to copy content from one to another and adjust the dates and time when doing so. When they attempt to shift the dates during the course copy, they get an error that says "Couldn't adjust dates on assignment <a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

With all of the functioned offered by Canvas, why does the gradebook not have an option to automatically email students who did not submit the assignment by the due date?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have taken over teaching an open enrollment course which never concludes.  I have to conclude all students manually.  There are a lot of graduates (some from over a year ago) still on the roster.  Yesterday I concluded 10 students.  Today 8 of thos...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I would like to restrict students from taking screenshot in courses or exams. How can I do that? Thanks in advance.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I would like to use the SCORM function in Canvas but it is not visible at all. In all the articles I have read it says to go into navigation and move it from the inactive to active items.But I do not have any inactive items. And SCORM doesn't appear ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I was told to open saved copy of Assignment Book on my first course.  I have not been able to find this, open or save it.  Need some help.  Thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

As an instructor, is there a way to download a zip of a student's previous submission to an assignment?- The "Download submissions" button on the assignment page only downloads the most recent submission- In Speedgrader I can view previous submission...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

when I go into canvas it takes me to dashboard fine but wont load up the squares? same happens with apple ipad but apple iphone 8 is fine?when i go into canvas it brings up dashboard but the squares fade in and out and doesnt load

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm working with a school which has significant staffing shortages. To help alleviate some of the pressure to fill all sections of classes, there is now a common "Independent Study" across the entire building. The administrator would like to pre-popu...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

is a blank blue screen nothing coming up or on screen

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-17-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi,I am unable to move my courses around in the dashboard! Any help is appreciated!!!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-22-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 16 Replies

My email is incorrectly listed on my account.  I can not reset my password, because it does not send me a link...  please help.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a final exam that is in Canvas. I need to link the pre-existing questions to an outcome. How do I do that?  I see how link an outcome to a new question. But I'd rather not have to redo an existing bank.Thank you.Kathy 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to be able to see how the page looks. But student view isn't giving me what I want. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My courses for this year are listed as " 7 Yearbook" and " 8 Yearbook".  How can I combine them into one course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

This year's canvas layout is completely new it seems. I cannot edit the color or names of any o my courses and I can't favorite/unfavorite courses. Canvas is a main component of my day-to-day life and it is important to me to color coordinate and giv...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If this question has been answered somewhere, please tell me where!I am accessibility checking content created by others.  I am looking at a quiz created in New Quizzes. There is an image embedded in the stimulus content.  How do I find out what (if ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have copied and imported the course syllabus for POLS 30071 into Canvass. But it is "disabled," and the students can't see it. How do I fix this ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My assignments aren't showing up on the course calendar. It shows the classes I have to the right hand side like normal but they are grayed out. I checked the Canvas app on my phone to see if my classes would show up there and they did. Is this a pro...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies