Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,I have created an assignment group in which I have created a rule to drop the highest score. Below are the details of marks.Assignment 1                           Assignment 2Max Marks: 100                      Max Marks: 24Obtain Marks: 65%      ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I don't know why I don't have Google Drive on my canvas. I already did all the steps on how to connect Google Drive on Canvas but still nothing. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm quite new to Canvas so please bear with me if my explanation is a bit unclear.Within the Rich Content Editor, the dropdown menu does not display any text for the Align, Bullet(Ordered and Unordered Lists), and Indent buttons. After clicking t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-31-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why are my past enrollment classes showing up on my card view when they are not favorited and are completed? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello community!In the side menu of the courses, I'm trying to change the name of "modules" to "Start your Course", but my Javascript is not working. Has anyone had this case and can help me?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I can't log into canvas its just a blank white screen

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

For a crazy reason we have to have courses named differently but they are the same course.  For example one is IED and the other is IED-A.  Both will have the same content. Can these courses be cross-listed or can you only cross-list courses with the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete students from my parent acct? How do I delete last years informtaion

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We want instructors to schedule midterm exams as a standard quiz, probably with LockDown Browser. But we need to keep those quizzes hidden from both students and admins for extra security. Admins might see it being scheduled but they cannot see the c...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am trying to upload a video submission through Kaltura. It gets stuck around 17-19MB of a 59MB video in the mp4 format.  Is this a time out issue or something else? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, when I give feedback to my kids , I do it through the comments section. It is not annotated feedback, just a comment on the assignment. My question is: if I ONLY LEAVE A COMMENT, will the "view feedback" notification still pop up next to the a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can't get canvas to load anymore, cleared Cashes still not working

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there anyway to turn on the ability to choose a section in the gradebook quickly and easily? Maybe a way to stick with the old gradebook?I have a large number of sections that I combine into one Canvas course. Now sorting for one section is a pain...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 9 Replies

hi,within our University for specific courses we allow students to undertake a single missed assignment towards the end of the course.my question relates to the visibility of assignment text and the submission status. if the assigment is assigned to ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello,I was hoping I did not have to go through the process of moving each student individually from one course to another course later in the program. I googled "how to move students from one course to another in canvas"The first link that came up s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My college is looking at putting an ungraded survey in each course to use as the course evaluation.  Here are a few questions I'm trying to answer to determine if this will work. 1. Can you see who did and did not complete the survey in an ungraded s...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Per our district, we have to have formative and summative assessments only. Nothing else. I have the SIS check marked to sync from Canvas to Infinite Campus, but I do not see anywhere to tell Canvas if the grade is to go to the formative side of my g...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi! We've been investigating options to allow collaborators/guest lecturers/etc. from outside our institution access to our Canvas instance.  One thought that has come up is using InCommon for authentication, after we have created user accounts with ...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All!I have some faculty who are not ready to post full details of assignments for students as they build them out. But our students rely heavily on canvas calendar. The workaround I proposed was making sure each assignment had "available from" che...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created a sandbox/practice class and I am the member/teacher. I want to delete the class but it won't let me because there's a member: me/the teacher. How do I delete this?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am new in the Canvas community and I am facing a problem publishing my first eLearning... Can someone help, pleaseeeee?I did my eLearning on Articulate and exported the eLearning as a LMS Scorm file.I have created a new folder and uploaded th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been asked to recreate a rating sheet that is used by field supervisors to assess student performance during their practicum. I've attached the form. It has fields for tracking supervisor names, hours student logged, info about the space for the...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I do not want my students to see their grades until I send them their grade card. Is this something I can control through settings?   

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! Is there a way in Canvas to Globally email learners who have not progressed in their courses in a timely manner?  We are a learning and Development company so there isn't necessarily a "teacher in the course responsible for the learners.  We w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm trying to figure out a way to have a category of assignments that students can pick and choose from.I use weighted averages (in percentages) with assignment categories.My goal is to have a category for Enrichment Assignments (extra readings, atte...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi my hist 108 class is not showing anywhere,  not even in past enrollments. please help. thank you!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm looking to set up a section of a canvas page which is required to be read by students, and then to track if they have read it or not if possible. Can anyone advise if this can be done?Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there a way to have one calendar for all courses, so the teacher or institution can mark special dates for all courses just one time instead of doing it for each course

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I completed the Canvas Field Guide Course, how do I obtain my certificate?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies