Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Does anyone have an explanation for why the choices you have for what to do with a file would differ if you just selected the file while viewing "all files," vs. the choices you have presented to you after searching for a file? Here is what I mean. G...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Before it seemed that we were able to publish/unpublished discussions as we can we assignments. Today (03/12) discovered not able to unpublished a discussion if feedback has been posted. Recommendation would be to allow faculty members to unpublished...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can we get new Canvas analytics data through Rest API's ? For example, I want to get a list of specific students with missing or late assignments? Is it supported via REST API's or GRAPH QL

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there any way to add a 'Not Given' option to the True / False questions in Canvas Quizzes?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  Our class is open all semester long, and we're wondering if there is a way to send an automatic welcome email to students when they enroll?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Last semester I created an assignment, let's call it Lab 1. I am using it as a template for the current semester. So I go to last semester's assignment and go to Copy to... and then select my current semester's course. I then go to my current semeste...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,  Would anyone be able to recommend/connect me with non-profit organizations that are using Canvas? Thank you in anticipation. I work for a  small, learning and development capacity building organization that provides professional development t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm developing a canvas integration that uses LTI 1.3 to embed an iframe on a page in canvas, and am running into an issue. When I check Safari's "Prevent cross-site tracking" checkbox, I am able to embed my LTI tool on a canvas page in our test canv...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using the new RCE and it appears the ability to easily wrap text around a picture no longer works.  I used to be able to click the picture then left align, and it would wrap.  I cannot get it to work now.  Was this feature removed?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-11-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a way to get the first login date of a user: I looked at this:https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/authentications_log.html But it seems it only goes back a year? Another idea was to use pageviews as it seems to go back right to the start ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Has this ever happened to anyone and is there a way to retrieve it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get text next to an embedded image rather than just above and below?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Only teachers have access to Student's previous submissions and annotations for their assignments. Students can only access past submissions via the Canvas App. I was wondering if that feature was available on mobile, if it should be available as wel...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It's been reported by our instructor that similarity reports are only available for the first drafts of the submission. For resubmissions by the students, the "resubmit to Turnitin" button does not always show in Speedgrader, especially when they are...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-05-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Student was given a second attempt on a quiz. I used the Moderate quiz function. Student did not submit when done and now  the submit button is not showing up on her end since the quiz is locked. When I look, it still shows she has time even though i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! I teach 3rd grade, all subjects. My question specifically focuses on writing and submitting in the text box. I have been a little frustrated lately with the way kids can't go into their submission and make revisions/edits and then resubmit. Su...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I don't know if this is a thing but when I'm entering grades and synching them to Synergy i would like to be able to enter grades as 0s and have synergy mark them as Missing. right now it does carry 0s over but in order to mark things missing ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have some optional assignments. Students can complete four of eight for credit. Is there any way that a module (or some mechanism) can lock them out after completing the maximum?  The idea is to keep students from doing work that won't count. Thank...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-12-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I downloaded the Student Analysis report, however, it is missing data. About half the student's are missing grades in a section that I recently finished grading (last night vs today so it's been over twelve hours). Is there a way to regenerate the St...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Our students want to be able to see letter grades as well as points. Is there a feature teachers or administrators can enable?   I'm not talking about a final percentage in the class, but rather, right next to the assignment - seeing that letter grad...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-07-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create a 'Group' (five students) instead of 'Everyone' (all students) when making an assignment? So that I do not have to individually assign assignments to only 5 students every time I make an assignment?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-10-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello , I'm trying to embed jupyterhub as a homework app in Canvas LMS. LTI authentication works and if I open it as an external tool the login is done and the page loads correctly.   URL: https://xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/hub/lti/launch?next=/hub/user-re...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We had a quiz on Friday. Our professor gives everyone different versions so there is no cheating, it is a pdf quiz that we upload when done. I’m in the morning class so I did it and turned it in. Something went wrong with the afternoon class so the t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Who exactly can view New Analytics in a course?   Only the instructor?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all! Apologies if this has been posted already and my Google-ing failed me.  I'm using Classic Quizzes and creating Question Banks. I just assigned a Quiz in which a subset of questions will be "Questions will be pulled from the bank". As I'm goin...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

In my synchronous virtual class, I want to open the quiz once review is done and then lock it so students cannot start the quiz later.  The whole point is to be flexible with the start and end time, so students can take the quiz then we immediately r...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have the instructor contacted us with this question. The instructors and TAs received an automated email from a student in Discussion Group 7 for discussion topic 1. So, he assumes TAs and Profs would not receive the content alerts for student post...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am a Canvas Admin: I am trying to figure out how to add a message that will pop-up when students log in. The school counselors are wanting to push a daily "mental check-in." Let me preface by stating each student is enrolled in a Counselors course ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

while developer key setting for LTI i did the following setting 1.Redirect URIs :   https://mitwpu.instructure.com/login/oauth2/auth?client_id=176300000000000006&response_type=code&redirect_uri=https://erp.mitwpu.edu.in/Canvas/CanvasTest.aspx&state=&...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies