Is this your first InstCon? Here are some tips from the OGs!

Jump to solution
BethCrook
Community Coach
Community Coach

I don't know about you, but I CANNOT wait to get back to an in-person InstructureCon and see my people!! And there are so many new users since 2019, so I think it's only fair to give you some tips on how to plan and what to expect from my friends.

I'll get us started:

• Say hello to everyone! Strike up a conversation!
  • Come hang out in the Community booth!  It's the place to meet everyone.
  • Hack Night.  They provide the hackers. You provide the ideas. Brilliant!
  • Log in to your Agenda and save your favorite sessions for some amazing learning!
  • Unconference! The perfect way to end the conference!
  • Traveling solo?  Use #solopanda to meetup for a meal, hang out, go explore.
Labels (3)
1 Solution

@melodyc_lam Welcome! Hack Night is a fabulous time to meet & mingle with Canvas developers and other brillant pandas to share and solve issues. I have sat down and explained a certain task I was trying to solve and within minutes had a custom JavaScript that I could add to my instance of Canvas. I have explained larger issues to developers from Canvas and eventually saw a similar update in the Update Notes. 

I try to show up with three things to make the most of the time:

1. A detailed issue I am looking for a solution for. Generally something I have been banging my head against a wall on for a while. The more specific and detailed the better.
  2. A list of recent "wins" that I have found to share if someone is facing similar questions so I can help.
  3. One open mind and two open ears to learn from incredibly smart and helpful people. I love just moving from table to table listening to what others are working on. It may spark something I haven't considered or relate to some different issue.

This is truly one of my favorite parts of the conference. Hope to see you there!

View solution in original post