Gradebook Futures: Kill All the Clicks!
In this session, presenter Christi Wruck demonstrated how the updated gradebook will have some great new features including:
- Collapsible columns to help with navigation
- Improved annotation
- Crosshairs to help with identifying where you are in the gradebook
- Late, Missing and Excused Flag colors
- A Search feature
- Bulk grade adjustments=default grade (can adjust points)
- SpeedGrader update-student names will be on the same side as grade/comments to speed up grading even more
- Automated late policies can be applied (missing and late)
- Post grades-mute grades can be automatic
- Grade book settings-Late, scheme, post policies (see image below)
- Student specifics
- Student view of grade book
- Current grade/Final grade
- Auto-saved comments in SpeedGrader (we have faculty who requested this feature)
Image of tabs for the new gradebook settings:
Christi also mentioned that institutions can request a User Interview visit from Product. Talking to those who use Canvas helps Instructure identify/verify user needs:
- When will the new gradebook launch?
- Will the comments in Speedgrader be editable?
- Our faculty would like a customizable export since currently everything in the gradebook exports as .csv. Is a customizable export of the gradebook in development yet?