cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Gradebook Futures: Kill All the Clicks!

To join the conversation or see additional resources visit: Gradebook Futures: Kill All the Clicks!

When it comes to time spent grading, fewer clicks, more bulk actions & more automation is what dreams are made of. We'll talk about making Grading more flexible and intuitive. Joins us to review big projects that solve mountains of little problems. Please plan to post your questions and feedback here. We'll have a lot to cover and may not have time to field questions during the presentation.

Tags (1)
13 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

This was an awesome video, and I can't wait until all of the features are available. I liked that in the future instructors will be made more aware of the discrepancy between the grade they see and the grade the student sees. That will help tremendously!

Community Member

Is there any update on when the new grade book features will be added? I am really looking forward this being added it will be so helpful. Great video presentation!!

Highlighted
Surveyor

Every "update" for grading in Canvas that has been made over the last year has only made my life more difficult. I click on comments and have to type it in twice because it doesn't stick the first time; text boxes are too big for comment pane; I could go on; it's simply NOT user friendly anymore.

Stop with the updates--go back to what it was.

Please!

Highlighted
Community Member

I like all of the updates I see so far. I'm constantly asking students to turn in assignments on Canvas. They can't tell what is missing/late/incomplete/etc. Being able to color code assignments and streamline the student view would be very beneficial to the teacher and students. I also agree that the comment feature is in need of a serious update. Whenever I've taken a course in Canvas and I had trouble viewing new and old comments on submitted assignments. I can't imagine what an English teacher goes through when grading and commenting on assignments. I also like the idea of hiding old grades. I don't like using the assignment quarter system. Sometimes the quarter system doesn't work because it isn't aligned with the school because of makeup days and bad weather. Then there are times when the student doesn't need to see certain grades. I look forwards to all updates.