All Topics

The latest questions and discussions in InstructureCon 2016. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Before you get into the rest of your camp activities, loosen up by joining sunrise yoga. Tap/click map to enlargeRight-click or tap and hold to Save...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2016
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Come hang out with the partners, pick up your scout sash and earn your badges!  Each of our partners have designed a special merit badge that you can put on your scout sash. Tap/click map to enlarge

InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Tap/click map to enlargeRight-click or tap and hold to Save...​

InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

GAME NIGHTGamers gotta game. Players gotta play. We’re talking world domination, saving the planet from viral outbreaks, solving puzzles crafted by spirits of the dead, and fighting demons in mythical worlds along side your friends. Bring your frien...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 9 Likes
  • 116 Replies

Help us kick off the first official night of Camp Canvas on Tuesday from 7-9 p.m. at Decatur Field. Try your hand (and feet) at our obstacle course, tug-o-war, archery event, and paddle boat race. Tap/click map to enlargeRight-click or tap and hold ...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 Replies

​​​​The Future Is Wide Open (90 mins)Katie BradfordOpen education is much like living in the wild. Survival requires specific knowledge and resources, and if you do survive, your life will never be the same. Learn about the open tools and resources I...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Presenter:Julian RiddenInstitution:InstructureAudience:Higher Education/K-12Description:This session will discuss how we can use online learning platforms (LMS/VE) as an ecosystem to transform your teaching, enrich education, and empower students any...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Presenter: AT_MENTION_presenter___IF_multiple_change_to_presenterS Institution: Double_click_to_enter_INSTITUTION_name Audience:Double_click_to_enter_TRACK_ie__Developers_slash_Technical Description: Double_click_to_enter_the_proposal_DE...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

this is a test

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Presenter: AT_MENTION_presenter___IF_multiple_change_to_presenterS Institution: Double_click_to_enter_INSTITUTION_name Audience:Double_click_to_enter_TRACK_ie__Developers_slash_Technical Description: Double_click_to_enter_the_proposal_DE...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can any of this be done via stream for those of us who cannot attend in person? Due to medical limitation I cannot drive but do have access to Skype as well as Internet accomidations. Has this option been considered? Thank you.

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I was wondering how many people attend this conference?Also, can you provide me with a summary of what Canvas is?Thanks,Shannon

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My flight home leaves at 7pm on Friday, and I was thinking of spending the day in Denver before heading to the airport. The shuttle service only seems to run to the airport. Does anyone know of a shuttle that will drop off somewhere in the city? Alte...

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2016
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

​​​​The API Song (90 mins)Kenneth LarsenTyler ClairThe session that has attendees singing about APIs is back with another camp verse. This workshop will demonstrate various API interactions and give participants a guided, hands-on experience using AP...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know that wifi will be available in the condos, but does anyone know what the availability will be in the conference center?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Join us for an informal gathering of schools using Canvas Data!  John Louviere of Utah State University will be sharing perspectives and resources on the topic of data governance and how to get actionable data.They would like to add an are you intere...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 Replies

​​​​Trek the Canvas Community (90 mins)Renee CarneyScott DennisHave you ever completed a hike that left you both inspired and exhausted? Perhaps you discovered unexplored territory or pushed yourself to a new threshold. Learning and leveraging Canvas...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

​​​​Data for Your District, Department, or School (3 hours)Deactivated user​What does it mean to have a data strategy? Canvas Data offers schools access to lots of data, but its analysis is ineffective if the findings don't prompt action. This sessio...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

​​​​Canvas Data: User Testing and Q&A (90 mins)Chris WardCanvas Data is just the beginning. In this session, you'll spend some time with the Canvas Data and Analytics team, discuss and troubleshoot Canvas Data scenarios, ask questions, and provide ca...

InstructureCon 2016
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi there....just to be sure, what is the dress policy for the conference?   Causal, semi-casual???  - Eric

• 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

​​​​Glamming Up Canvas (90 mins)Jeremy PerkinsWant your students to have a "glamorous" experience in Canvas? Come learn a host of tactics for making your course design not only engaging, but also responsive for both web and mobile view. Learn to maxi...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

​​​​A Mobile Scavenger Hunt (90 mins)Jeremy PerkinsJump into the mobile experience. Start by learning a few tips and tricks for designing effective mobile assignments in Canvas, then help build mobile assignments in teams, and end with the evaluation...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

​​​​How to Light a Fire and Build an LTI (3 hours)Kevin HansenImplementation TeamIt takes a little more than rubbing two sticks together to light a fire. But once you get a spark, the rest is easy. Building an LTI is (kind of) similar. This technical...

• 10 Likes
  • 15 Replies

Can you please tell me how to add a guest pass after I have already registered?

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2016
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, this is going to  be my first time and like some others I'm coming from Australia.  I've only just ben given approval to go, so I'm madly looking at trying to organise flights and accommodation. I may have something in Lakeside village and I want...

• 13 Likes
  • 13 Replies

Hi. I've got family who live in the way west burbs of Denver, and I'd prefer to stay with them during the conference. Is that a problem in any way?

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

It says pickup and dropoff location as Keystone Condo Registration.  However, I am staying in the River Run area?  Do I need to amend my reservation?

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

​​​​Tap/click map to enlargeCourtney Cohron​Noblesville - K12What does Canvas in the elementary classroom look like anyway? Kumbayawesome of course! Come explore how one district rolled out Canvas in grades K-5 as well as the many faces of a kid-frie...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies